Sunday, February 07, 2010

Out of the mouths of children

Brace yourself. This one is a good one.

My grade ones have been singing a song. It's stuck in their head. The other day there were waiting for me while I was talking to another teacher and they were lining up at the door to go in. They started singing. The other teachers remarked at how good they were. They were not only lined up nicely, but look how cute they were singing a song all together while they waited!

I laughed. "Listen to WHAT they are singing. Listen closely my friends."

A choir of 6 year olds were singing:

I get money,
I get paper,
I get girls all different flavors,
I get coochie, I get booty
I spend dolla after dolla

Yup. They were singing about coochie and booty and girls in different flavours. I had no idea about this song or who started singing it, but it was quite hilarious to hear them sing it all the time. I decided to put the kibash on it since I didn't want them going home singing those lyrics. It was so stuck that several of them were humming it while they worked. I asked around to see if anyone knew the song and if there were singing it right....it was stuck in my head too.

I just Googled it. It's not "I get coochie, I get bootie" It's I buy Gucci, I buy Prada!! What a mistake they made! I've been laughing me arse off here for a little while! I guess there will be a lesson tomorrow on the real lyrics and I guess I'll go back to allowing them sing that part over and over...

Brilliant work my darlings. This is why I love you so.

Here's a link to the song: HERE.
Tell me they didn't rip of the beat from that 90's song "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega; Check it HERE (I wouldn't have relized it if it wasn't for my addiction to XM Radio and the 90s channel!)

6 comments:

Cori said...

ha ha ha! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I like their version better!!!!!

Osbasso said...

God bless the Canadian education system!

The Funky Bee said...

HI-fucking-Larious!!! I love kids, I swear. Your job is like free comedy! And that is absolutely a sample of the old Suzanne Vega song from back in the day. I guess we're just old b/c the kids would have no idea about that part.

Now I'm gonna be singing that all day...

rage said...

Omg that is hilarious! I am digging the kids' version though. Ha ha!

You must run into some really funny shit on a day-to-day basis at your job.

Hope all is well.

The Funky Bee said...

Where are you? Get back here!!