Since my invitation, as many others, was lost in the mail, I decided to tune into the Royal Wedding this morning. My viewing was interrupted by a preschooler who decided today was an excellent day to wake up super early and ask 5000 questions, and then demand to watch Toopy and Binoo. I managed to keep his interest by explaining everything that was going on, but soon I was distracted by my own voice. I broke down and promised an episode of Toopy and Binoo if mommy could have 10 more minutes (my mother of the year award is forthcoming I'm sure).
I really just wanted to see her dress. As she was exiting the car for the first glimpse of the dress, a radio announcer had said, "Gosh I hope no one tosses an egg at her." I burst out laughing. No word from Mr. Sass until that moment, where he stuck up a sleepy head and said, "You would laugh at that!" Of course. Imagine it. Hilarious. Of course had that happened, that person would probably be killed on the spot.
Anyways, I digress.
Work inhibited my ability to watch the rest and I was forced to leave without seeing the kiss(es). Luckily every bloody channel is playing it over and over and over. And over. Thank you!
I have a few thoughts thus far, as I catch up on the Royal happenings of the day:
* Her dress? Stunning. Beautiful. Classy. To the likes of Princess Grace Kelly? Absolutely. When I tried to imagine what her dress could possible look like, that is kind of what I pictured. Although, I thought she could totally rock a Pnina Tornai gown! I'm sure that within 30 seconds of seeing it, the sweatshops in China were already rocking a knock-off out. I can't say enough of how beautiful and classy she looked.
* Her hair is always perfect. I wish I could have her hair.
* Her bouquet, although apparently special was a little lack lustre for me. It was delicate, much like the lace of her dress, and it was sweet that it included some "Sweet William" flowers. I guess it was fitting in the end :)
* Prince William - the shy smiles and the blushing was really endearing. They truly look like they are in love and comfortable with each other.
* The hats were awesome and some kind of tacky all rolled into one. Shout out to Princess Beatrice.
* It would have been weird if the Queen sang "God Save the Queen."
* Pippa - ow ow! Looked lovely. Hot even! Down boys!
* Prince Charles had an awesome comb-over.
* Posh Spice looked hungry.
* Camilla Parker Bowles looked angry and distracted. Maybe if someone had tossed her a bacon strip she would have payed closer attention. Is that too mean?
* It would have been awesome to see a horny, raunchy, tounge-down-your-throat kind of kiss. THAT would have saved the monarchy right there!
* My nana would have been up watching, and would be proud that I was up too. I wish we got the day off too though!
Overall, I think it was absolutely wonderful that approx. 1/3 of the world was tuned into something positive for once.
Blessing and Cheers to the Royal Couple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One simply does not put one's royal tongue down a newly royaled throat.
It is simply, not done.
(Would have been brilliant though!)
I loved it. Loved it all. I think it's fantastic that Posh is preggo and still wears 10" stilettos and looks starving.
Post a Comment