Sunday, December 29, 2013

My biggest fear is losing Mason. I know that's every parent's fear, but it's a real fear. I can't imagine life without him.
My heart breaks when I hear of children who have passed away. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and anguish those parents are feeling. A piece of you is gone forever. A large piece.

On Christmas Eve, a friend of my univerity roommate lost his 2 year old son. Just like that: gone. They think it was SIDS. Apparently that's still a possibility at 2. I can't get his precious little face out of my mind. So unfair. Yet another reminder to cherish every moment we have with our kids (and everyone!) because you just never know when they will be gone. My thoughts and prayers go to his family that God will help them through this time. That the love and support of those people around them will carry them through as they find a new normal. That the 2 years they had with their son, and the many memories they have will give them some peace. I pray that the baby his girlfriend is carrying now will know his brother through the stories his/her parents will share, and that he/she will help bring them happiness.
There are just no real words when someone looses a child.
Rest in Peace little Brady Sebastian Tang.

No comments: