Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring...

It's been a rough couple of weeks. First I managed to fall out of the "babysitter's" house.
Yes. I fell. out. of. the. house. How does one do that you ask? Easy. Forget there is a little step down, trip on your flimsy flip flop...and voila...down you go. However, I did ease my fall with my elbow. I didn't realize the damage I did until I felt the blood running down my arm. 2 weeks later and it's a scabbed over mess. Bruises for decoration and all blood cleaned up. It looks real sexy. Do guys dig scars on chicks, like chicks do? I'm sure this will scar. It's pretty vicious. But I'm tough.
Except when toddler sass is being silly and he kicks my bruised and scabbed arm and part of the scab comes off. THEN I swear silently and want to cry.

Then just when we are getting ready for a little time away at the cottage, I start to feel sick. I have horrible back pain and am miserable (everyone's favourite version of me). I decide to go to the doctor just to make sure. Call it a gut feeling.
Turns out I have pneumonia. I'll spare the details, but I did end up in the hospital. The good news? I'll feel back to my 100% in 4-5 weeks. Just in time to go back to work (I'm sure those of you who work in the summer have no sympathy for me. Whatsoever.). I can tell I've pushed myself because at the end of the day my chest hurts and I'm soooo tired. Like today. Oops.
I'm not use to climbing a set of stairs (that I usually fly up 2 at a time) and huffing and puffing. I feel like I'm in horrible shape. Is this what morbidly obese people feel like? I don't like this feeling of being out of breath all the time. It sucks balls.

What else you ask? Oh just my washer and dryer decide to bite the dust. I can't complain too much because it's been so good to us for years. YEARS. But I don't want to spend the money...simply because we don't have the money!! But we have to. Argh. I'm feeling pretty broke. Let's break the last 2 weeks down:
Passports for all three of us: $200.
Dog vet visit: $300
Drugs for stupid pneumonia: $200 (I'm not going to lie here...I'll get 100% of this back when I send in my claim..but for now, I'm lazy and haven't done it)
New washer and dryer: Approx $1700 before tax. Ugh.
We were suppose to go away with some friends on a shopping trip to Grove City, but now I'm thinking we have to back out because that money will be needed for a washer/dryer.

Does this post sound like I'm whining?
Well I am.
I hate this.
I'm sick.
I'm tired.
I'm broke.
And I'm going to complain all I want. For now.

Maybe I'll be in a better mood and try to post something nicer. But for now...whine whine whine.
And a foot stomp for good measure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn you coulda got a mid grade hooker for what you paid on the dog!

Randi said...

I was just reading another friend's blog and it seems like we're all on the same boat. Every time we think we're on top, some BS happens that drags us back down. Hopefully on the W&D you can find a place that can do a year, no interest. There's lots of places like that in the U.S.

Good luck, sister. You're not alone.

Osbasso said...

Glad you got the foot stomp in there too. I'd have been worried if you didn't!

Take care of yourself, girlie!

KBear said...

sounds like my breathing on a normal day. I get a little out of breath running up and down the stairs from the top floor to the basement and back.. im out of breath and panting. for you, that will pass..just be patient.

don't you love it when they think it's funny to kick ya where it hurts?

Adrien gets a huge kick out of it (no pun intended!)

The Funky Bee said...

Oh No! This summer is kicking your arse. I'm sorry about all of the expenses and that you're so sick. Take care of yourself Sassy Pants!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't make it past the part where you said you "silently" swore. Really? How is that even possible? I'm fairly certain an "F" bomb would have escaped my lips before I knew what happened. Good job!

Sorry about all the suckage. Your title is perfect and so often true. I hope you feel better!

Mackey said...

eep! It can only get better.......right?
(((( big squishy boobie hugs))))

Stay At Home Mom said...

Oh I really am sorry to hear about the set backs you are experiencing now. It know how it feels when there are too many spur of the moment instances when you have to pay for stuff. It sucks! But I am seriously hoping that you are feeling better.