Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 14th, 2010

December 14th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASON!!

Three years ago my life became much more meaningful, much more blessed and much more fun. I found purpose again. I found joy in the little things. I found life. All the cliches are true. My heart is beating on the outside of my body. There is no love like a mothers. All of it..it's true. I can't physically love a person anymore than I love my precious boy. I love him so much it hurts. He is the wish that I made on every star, every night, for years. He is the answer to many prayers, many tears and much hope. I am so thankful for this gift that I have been blessed with and I will never take for granted what I have been given. He is my life.


Mason,

I was thinking of the day you were born. I was thinking of the labour, the delivery and then the moment you came into this world. 4:02 pm. I cried. Man did I cry. Your mother is actually embarrassed about how much I cried, but I don't regret a tear I shed. Those were loaded tears. For all that happened to get you here and all the hope I had (and have) for you. I was so tired, and then suddenly you were in my arms. Tiny. Perfect. I could think of no baby more beautiful than you. You had so many people who came to welcome you into this world. You have so many people who love you. In the quiet moments of the night after daddy went home to sleep, we sat there, just you and I and I took you in. You were still awake and staring at me. I couldn't take my eyes off of you. In fact, I sang to you. That Frankie Valli song:

You're just too good to be true,
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived.
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true,
Can't take my eyes off you.

In the past three years, you've made me smile every day. You've made me laugh (boy- have you made me laugh..you're such a ham!!). You've made me slow down and experience things with you. I see it through your eyes, and life is more beautiful then I've ever imagined. You have grown into this wonderful, thoughtful, smart little boy who everyone just adores. To know you is to love you. I marvel at you everyday. The things you do and the things you say. I'm so excited to see what life holds for you. I'm sad at the same time, because my "baby" is gone. Time slips by so fast and I miss those moments where we would cuddle, or where you'd toddle off on your unsteady feet. The time where you were happy to sit in a stroller or where your crib was your favourite place to be. Now, on the horizon is preschool and kindergarten. Independence. Your own thoughts and ideas (and they don't always match mine!). You love your numbers and letters and trying to read. You zip around in your "red Mazda" (aka "cozy coupe") and "wedding car" (plasma car) and park all your cars. You love the Big Comfy Couch and grilled cheese sandwiches. You are cheeky and saucy, but in a fun way. You splash like mad in the tub and help me with laundry. You love to help cook and bake and do the "10 second tidy." You carry around your Lion everywhere you go. You are kind and loving to your "lovies" and those around you. You think tooting is hilarious and cry immediately if you think you've done something wrong..even if it's no big deal at all. You can melt my heart..and break my heart. You love fans. Love is an understatement. All you want for Christmas is a ceiling fan for your room..with a remote. Your smile lights up a room. Your laugh sparks others to laugh. You love your "man shirts."


You are the joy of my life. There is no one or no thing that I love more.

Happy Birthday my little Gigi.

Love, Mommy.

3 comments:

Randi said...

You made me cry with this one, Sassy. I can't wait to write one of these for Casey though you pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I even sing that song to him.

And for God's sake if Santa doesn't bring Mason his ceiling fan there will be hell to pay.

The Funky Bee said...

Awww what a beautiful, special post Sassy! I feel the same way about my little man and he's not even quite 2 yet. The time just flies but every moment of it is a blessing. Happy Anniversary of the best day of your life and Happy Birthday Mason!!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Happy Late Birthday Mason!! I hope you all had a good Christmas, and that Mason got his fan/remote!! LOL!

:My verification word is "Dum Elfis" LMAO!!