My Dog.
Cooper.
4-legged friend.
Companion.
Kitchen wrecker extraordinaire.
I don't know what to do. He's been a good dog all of his life (he's 8.5 now). Now he decides that getting into garbage and trashing the joint is his number one thing to do. He used to be crate trained, but he was so good that we just let him out and confined him to a small area of the main floor. Lately, he's been causing me grey hair.
A gal can only clean up garbage, shit (the after effects of eating trash) and wash floors and counters so many times a week. At least the shit isn't happening often (knock on wood). BUT the last 2 times he had massive diarrhea, it was in Mason's room because that's not a room he's allowed in. And really, why shit in your own pen when you can shit in someone else's?
Mason cries when he makes a mess and usually says something to the effect of "I don't want Cooper to make a mess in my house!" So I have to deal with a naughty dog, a big mess and a sobbing 3 year old who is upset that his house has been turned upside down by a 100lb mutt. It breaks my heart. I feel like crying too kid.
Today he pushed through a baby gate that was in front of a play house that was wedged in the opening to the area of down by the garage (his new, much smaller area while we are not home), then through another baby gate into the kitchen. When he got to the kitchen he used one of his new tricks: opening cupboards, to get at the garbage and recycling. Oh wait! Did I mention we put baby locks on the doors? Not for Mason, for Cooper. He chewed them off! Garbage everywhere. He ate what he could. He also tried to get a watermelon from the counter but it was too far back. There are scratches from his nails in the watermelon. He chewed holes into an empty tin can. He ate most of the garbage bag again too. He's lying here with the most pathetic look on his face. He's been burping and farting up a storm. It's going to be a long night.
I don't need this right now. I just don't.
If anyone has any insight into why my dog is behaving like some kind of fucktard and what I can do about it, I'm all ears.
Right after I let him out to destroy our backyard...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love that you used the word fucktard - my husband says that all the time!
fucktard - my new favorite word.
Thanks for popping by my blog. Can't believe you have three....
Lovebug - It's one of my favourites!
Scottish Lass - thanks for popping by! yeah, i have three, but one is done now that the "bean" is here (I have another for him as he grows up...but not linked to this, less a family member finds this blog...) and the one I started but never quite kept up. Go figure. Maybe I'll manage to post over there...lol Maybe not.
That's interesting because Kiyah is 9 and all of a sudden all she wants to do is dig up the plants in our yard. She was so good for so long and we're back to square one. Dogs are nice but also suck.
Post a Comment