My beloved father in law Walter passed away this morning after a short but courageous battle with Cancer. He passed at home with family around him. It was very peaceful.
We are devestated. There are no words.
We take comfort in his words before his death. Yesterday before each grandchild left they gave papa a hug, and each time he responded by opening eyes, and/or trying to hug back. That was the only real interaction he made yesterday. My oldest niece needed that. She knows "Opa" said goodbye to her.
We are surrounded by so many friends and family. We are truly blessed by this. We take comfort and find strength in the outpouring of love and support.
Rest in peace Walter. We love you. You are an inspiration.


3 comments:
I'm very sorry for your loss :(
I am so, so sorry Sassy. I wish I had words of comfort for you but I know that nothing anyone says can make it better. Trust that your father welcomed another good man into heaven with him and at least you can gain solace from the fact that your father in law is no longer in pain. He's whole again, he is the man he was before this horrible disease took him way too young. I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family. (((HUGS)))
My condolences on your loss. :-(
Post a Comment