We finally got the dumping of snow we were waiting all winter for. Except that it was a few months late. Hello mother nature..it's April. The END of April!!
Funny though, where I work (30 min south of here) it was just rain/wet snow...so I was somewhat shocked at how much and how fast it was coming down at home. We easily got 25cm of snow. Mason was so excited! We had snow in the winter, but it was never really great snowman building snow. We never really got to go tobogganing either.
We got home, pulled on his snowsuits and boots and went outside. He build snowmen/mice, slid down the climber into the snow, rolled around, etc. He was outside for an hour and a half! I came in after an hour to make dinner but he stayed in the back while I watched from the window. I was grinning ear to ear. He was having a blast. My heart was sad that he doesn't have a brother or sister out there with him though. He didn't seem to mind though. Mr. Sass got stuck in the driveway and had to dig himself out before he could park. I apparently jinxed things because for once he was "on the ball" and put his summer tires on and put the snow blower away (which we did not need this year!! Hello global warming?). I was shocked and said something to the effect of "you know because you did this, we will got a huge dumping of snow still right?" I was right. HA!
We got home, pulled on his snowsuits and boots and went outside. He build snowmen/mice, slid down the climber into the snow, rolled around, etc. He was outside for an hour and a half! I came in after an hour to make dinner but he stayed in the back while I watched from the window. I was grinning ear to ear. He was having a blast. My heart was sad that he doesn't have a brother or sister out there with him though. He didn't seem to mind though. Mr. Sass got stuck in the driveway and had to dig himself out before he could park. I apparently jinxed things because for once he was "on the ball" and put his summer tires on and put the snow blower away (which we did not need this year!! Hello global warming?). I was shocked and said something to the effect of "you know because you did this, we will got a huge dumping of snow still right?" I was right. HA!
Here are a couple of pictures:
Let's hope that is all from Mother Nature. Snow in April is not okay. Especially since we had 2 weeks in March where we were shorts!!







1 comment:
We got a good wet snow on the 15th, but it was gone by the end of the afternoon. It's been gorgeous ever since though!
Post a Comment