Monday, December 12, 2005
Politeness is a lost cause sometimes
The other day it occured to me...why do I go out of my way to do good things for people when most of the time they either don't care or are oblivious to what is happening. Soemtimes, they are just rude. I'm not looking for praise or anything, I was brought up to be polite to people and help others...is that not what kids are taught today? It appears not. You can stand and hold the door for someone, and they just breeze by without so much as a nod? What is that? How would you have felt if I let it slam in your face while I walked off? The other day I had my hands full and was coming out of the office...I was also balancing two hot cups of tea. The door was closed and there were to male students sitting on the bench...staring at me as if to say "I wonder how your going to work this?" Neither bothered to help me, but instead stared at me with mouths open...I ended up having to put the pile down, prop the door open, leave, place the stuff back down, then close the door again! While those 2 boneheads watched! Can you believe it? Did it not occur to them that maybe I could have used a little help? What is wrong with our youth? It's only one example, but really...am I alone on this or are people getting ruder and ruder? What happened to treating people with respect and dignity? Apparently it went out with bell bottom pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Best regards from NY! » »
Post a Comment