Thursday, January 08, 2009

Gotcha in the tenders!

So I'm really back into the swing of things at work. I guess it's real now. Before Christmas, it was all fun and games and art and all that jazz...now it's real work and I'm facing reality. This working is for chumps! Mason continues to do great at his daycare and I'm coping well. I'm SO exhausted by the time the evening comes around though. Bleh.

However, Now that I'm back, I'm loving all the things kids say!
Here are a few gems from this week:

1. "Bobby hit me in my tenders!" This is a first. I've never heard nuts called "tenders" It has since spread like wildfire amongst staff.

2.Taunting another kid: "Simon-Semon, Simon Semon!"..."Hey I know what Semen is!....Something you eat!" Yeah kid. You go ahead and eat it then.

3. We were having the grade 2's make their first reconciliation and each child was waiting their turn. One precious angel pipes up, loud enough to echo around the church and reach the ears of this poor kids parents: "WOW! Jeffery must have a lot of sins, he's been in there for a LONG time!"

4. One student (who lucky for me sits close to my desk...) apparently had gas. EVERY time he farted, he'd pipe up "Ooops! I farted!"...he must have farted at least 30 times. Thanks for the memo kid. Go take a shit.

Gotta love kids.

8 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

LOL i love kids. they are so innocent. not a care in the world.

tenders... i like that.. i think i might adopt it

g-man said...

I think I have heard that (Tenders) here before too from one of the neighbor kids or something, not sure though.

At church during the children's moment with the pastor she will point a microphone at the kids to make sure we can all hear what they say. There have been a number of times the church has erupted in laughter because of what they say. (and a number of times I have sheepishly said "That's my kid")

I'm glad that you are getting back into the swing of things, and I totally agree, work is for suckers.

Mackey said...

Gotta love those kids! Oh & the stories they tell...eep. Their parents would die a thousand times over if they knew the stories that little Billy & Susie share.:O

Randi said...

Tenders.
I will definitely have to keep that one on the forefront of my mind.

rage said...

Tenders....now that's a first! It was funny but cute at the same time!

The Funky Bee said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that you are back at work but let me tell you, I definitely missed your updates with the things you overhear at school. Those damn kids are the best comedy you can get if you have to be away from your little angel!!

~Pees With A Fist Sitting Down said...

Po said that line ("Oh! My tenders!") in Kung Fu Panda. What a riot!

JJ

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

oh yourstruly beat me to it.

i was coming to tell you we watched Kung Fu Panda and i heard it.