Friday, August 12, 2011

I wish...

I wish I could sleep in once in awhile.
I wish I could come home to dinner on the table and not have to worry about cleaning up after.
I wish I could pass out when I wanted to.
I wish I could disappear into the bathroom and not come out for over an hour and not worry that I've missed something or perhaps I was needed in some way.
I wish I could tune out every sound in the night.
I wish my laundry was washed, dried, folded and (mostly) put away for me.
I wish someone else cleaned the bathrooms, kitchen...house.
I wish someone else handled all the discipline issues.
I wish someone else took of the bills and all the shopping.
I wish someone made my lunch everyday.
I wish for a backrub once in awhile.
I wish I could feel like the only girl in the world...

You know what? Maybe I don't. Because then I'd miss out on so much time with my boy. I don't mind anything to do with him. He's the most important thing in my life. I'd move mountains for him...even if it was by myself.

I'm frustrated. I need more help. I need support. I need to feel that what I do is valued, instead of seeing what isn't done. I deserve that.

Maybe I shouldn't be so selfish. Maybe I need to be more thankful for what I do have.

5 comments:

Mackey said...

Oh hon....u are thankful, it shows in all the written words that I have ever read from you.
Sometimes life just gets a wee bit overwhelming & we start to feel that we are carrying these loads all on our own.
I could have written this post myself.
Maybe it's the full moon:P
Love you Sassafrass. <3

Sassy said...

Mackey - Maybe it's the full moon. It is just a bit overwhelming and I feel alone in all this sometimes.
I wish we could just run off for a tea. Think I can grab the next flight?
XOXO Mackeydoodle

Mackey said...

I''l be waiting at the Timmies on Victoria Trail. We will sit at the table by the drive thru so we can make faces at the people as they pass through=)
<3

Sassy said...

Awesome! Maybe we could flash our knock out knockers and see how many crashes we cause!

Randi said...

I feel the exact same way sometimes. I get used to doing it all because Husband is away most of the week and when he IS home I expect a break I never seem to get. Hang in there. You're doing great.