Friday, August 24, 2012

Here Goes...

Today was a day filled with anticipation, nerves, fear,...and so many emotions.
We did our first IUI with this doctor. Our first since trying to have Mason. I was really nervous because our last fertility doctor was really rough and had ZERO bedside manner. He didn't really explain what to expect and in hindsight I was too ignorant and nieve to ask questions. It was an awful experience. Yet here I am again.
THIS doctor is amazing. He has a little more bedside manner. He is a no nonsense kind of guy and tells you how it is. However, he takes the time to make sure we understand, answer all questions and recap with us. I'm more comfortable with him. The nurses (who, let's face it, I see at every visit and are key in this process) are beyond wonderful. One in particular (Alexis) is an angel and I really get along well with her. I was pleased to know that she was the one that was going to be doing the IUI. We chose our "home" location to do the IUI knowing that likely the Dr. would not be there that day. Knowing she was going to do it put me at ease a little.
So...the verdict? It went well. I have 4 eggs, so 4 chances! It wasn't near as bad as that last time. Anyone who knows me knows I'll crack jokes and try to laugh if I'm nervous, and this was no exception. As she was doing what she needed to do, I whispered to Mr. Sass "Didn't you want another girl to join us in intimate moments?...well you got it!" I don't think Alexis heard (which is probably a good thing) but I got a serious case of the giggles after.
I've had some cramping and spotting but it's to be expected. The cramping actually started yesterday, especially after I gave myself a shot of Ovidrel to force ovulation. The best part was that I actually had Mr. give it to me in the parking lot of a Harveys Restaurant because he was meeting up with friends and wouldn't be home until it was too late. Oh well. We do what we have to do.
We go back tomorrow for another IUI and then are heading up to the cottage. The idea is that by doing two IUI's in a row it will increase the likelihood of getting pregnant. Here's to hoping!

Crossing my fingers...

2 comments:

Lovebug6100 said...

Good luck!! I hope you have a sticky bean!!

Sassy said...

Thank you...here's hoping there is a bean or two to stick!