Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Take 2!

We went back on Saturday for take two of the IUI. We didn't have anyone close by to watch Mason so we decided that we'd have to tag team the event. Mr. Sass went in to do his thang while I played with Mason in the car, and then we went to the park for awhile while we waited. When it was my turn, he dropped me off and went back to the park with Mason while I went in. It was a little weird being alone, but the experience from the day before had calmed my nerves. They were really busy so I spent quite a lot of time half naked under a flimsy paper blanket holding on to a vial of little swimmers. I ended up getting board and checking email and playing on Facebook. If only people know what I was holding while or where I was while I played around! Ha. I did have horrible visions of me dropping it and wondering what I'd do. I resolved that I would probably scrape up what I could and pretend it never happened..
All kidding aside, we were worried that his count would be too low or non existent because of having had to do it 2 days in a row. However, his count was more then double what it was the previous day! Thank you God. Things have just been falling into place that I am full of hope that this could work.
I balance this hope with the reality that it's a long shot...and how are we going to deal with the emotion that will come with a BFN? The blessing in all this is that school is beginning next week and I am in full "back to school" mode. I've been in prepping my class and I'm sure next week will fly by too. I have to go in on Thursday for a pregnancy test if I don't get my period.

Hopeful.

3 comments:

Osbasso said...

Not quite sure what the appropriate words of encouragement would be here. 'Good luck' seems too generic. "Break a leg' doesn't really fit. I'm sure there's something crude I could relay, but you know I'm not that type. So here's to hoping that your ovaries are sufficiently tickled, and the swimmers aren't shy like a bunch of middle school boys at their first dance!

And have a GREAT weekend!

Sassy said...

Haha! Oh Os! You always make me smile!
Thanks! :)

Lovebug6100 said...

Well Thursday passed....what was the verdict? =)