Here I go, Here I go, Here I go again...(that sounded better in my head).
So where are we?
Let's see...I should do a post on our trip out west to Beautiful British Columbia (my husbands home province) for his brother's wedding, but I'll wait until I have pics off the camera to go with it. LOVE going out west.
Where am I with getting some wee eggies fertilized? We had a bloody breakthrough. Hold on to your hair folks..I'm not pregnant, but when Mr. Sass went to ... erm...do his thing after a few months of his vitamin regime, he actually had a count. This is different from in the past where it was too low to even bother. Last sample that was tested appeared to have nothing viable which makes us inelegiable for IVF. This time he had a count..low, but there were several million. So our doctor was more than pleased (as were we) and suggested we could do either IUI (which we have done in the past before we had Mason) or a "mini" IVF to start. We had a decision to make before my period started again. I left his office thinking I had a few days, but low and behold I get my period that night. For anyone on this journey, you know that Day 1 means a phone call to book a day 3 ultrasound. That was Monday and I had to have decided! Talk about rush!
The breakdown would be about $8000 for IVF (plus about $2000 for the drugs which I am covered for with my drug plan) or $600 for the IUI. What made me nervous was that there is a situation with teachers in this province right now and strike is a possibility. NOT something I want. At all. However, we've decided to be extra frugal just in case. We decided to go with the IUI this month, knowing that it's not our best option but $600 is easier to swallow then $8000 if I'm suddenly on a pickit line somewhere....I am hopeful. I think by doing it this way we are taking some action but it will allow us to figure out a plan as to how the heck we're going to pay for IVF should it not work. It also gives us time to see what my job situation will be like. I think (hope!) it was the right decision. So here I am on Clomid again hoping for lots of follicles and that just maybe the IUI will work. Optimistic. Hopeful. Crossing my fingers, but not my legs! HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment