I was at my doctor's appointment last week and there was this lady there with her husband. First, I have to say that once you do the whole pee on a stick and show the receptionist thing, they weigh you. Except the scale is right there in the middle of the room and although she tries to be quiet, she announces your weight and how much you've gained. I admit I listen in to other people's weight and have even looked at the scale while I'm in line to be weighed, so it's not unreasonable to assume that people do the same for me (*gulp*). However, this time, this lady being weighed was practically skin and bones. She was very petite indeed. She had a nice little bump going that maybe suggest about 5 months (but who knows since she's so tiny). Anyway, she gets on the scale, and do you know how much she weighs?!?! 86 pounds.
86 fucking pounds.
I actually dropped the magazine I was reading and looked over. I resisted the urge to dig through my bag to find any morsel of food, or to start a collection around the room to get this poor girl a sandwich! 86 pounds. Wow.
It would be really not nice of me to say she needs to be shot, especially since she's carry a baby, but the thought did cross my mind.
86 pounds.
**new ultrasound pics over at A Pea in the Pod!**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
WOW. That is just wrong. What was she to start with 10 pounds? OR the baby is so big it wont be "born" it will just shed the "mommy skin" :)
LMAO
This is why we get along so well.
YOu know that if we had been sitting together it woulda gotten ugly really quickly!
86 pounds is obscene.....I woulda gone to the store and bought her a burger and a pop and begged her to eat something, if not for her or our satisfication...but for her child!!
ROTFLMAO @ Gman.....shedding the Mommy skin!
86 pounds.....that is what my right leg weighs.
Damn I hope she was really really short!
86 pounds!!! omg thats crazy, i agree with Hella she needs a burger in such a bad way.. that cant be healthy...
(sidenote) sassy i thought of you when i was reading chelles post (heres a tip for ya) this morning, go check it out and let me know what you think or maybe if you have ever experienced this b4..
http://itsmyescape.blogspot.com/
I weighed 86 pounds once.....The end of 1st grade, I think.....
ok, im sorry, but i feel i MUST defend that girl. some people, are just TINY ok?
my mother gained a total of 12 pounds that she couldnt take off when she had my brother and myself (4 years apart) 2 pounds from my brother, 10 from me.
bringing her weight up to the 100 pound mark. meaning my mother, was 88 pounds before us kids. she went up to 90, got pregnant with me, and went to 100..
my mother eats. it may not be much, but she has a small stomach. if she ate the amount that i eat (and i dont eat much) her stomach couldnt handle it. she is a tiny woman, but she's healthy.
she looks skinny tho. she often got accused of being annorexic. she's not. ive seen her pack away a meal, but then she doesnt eat for the rest of the day, because that meal keeps her full.
dont judge. please. she may just be a small person.
i weigh a total of 115 pounds wet. my mother, at 49 years old, is between 95-100 pounds at all times.
sorry to sound like a bitch, i really dont mean to be, i just hate it when people get upset with the fact that there are people out there naturally tiny, and they jump to the conclusion she's starving herself. she very well could have been, but she very well could be healthy as can be!
Hollz - I read that post on tipping teachers! WEIRD. I was once given cash as an end of year gift and it struck me as really weird. The extra money would be nice, but they could just raise teacher's salary! ;)
I don't think teachers should be on the list of people that should be tipped...let alone #2!
MRS. Kbear - Nah...I don't think you're being bitchy. I know what you are saying. I have some friends who are petite, but I just couldn't believe how 'tiny' this lady really was...and to be pregnant!! Call it jealousy maybe!! Like Mackey said, my left leg is probably 85 pounds! lol
Awful. Sad. And Awful.
Post a Comment