Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year!

I couldn't let today go by without making a post..just because it's a leap year. That's the only novelty in it: to see the date say "February 29." Oddly enough, when I scan the mouse over the time/date on my computer, nothing comes up. I wonder why that is? Perhaps it just means my computer is going to blow up, or it's the end of the world. Meh.

As history tells it, St. Patrick would only allow women to propose to men on this day. Every other day of every other year, the men had to do it. This is where the idea of "Sadie Hawkins" day came about. That's about it for the history lesson. If you want more you can Google it, I'm busy.
I put this little picture up just because I call Mason "Goofy"..long story, but it reminds me of him :)

2 comments:

g-man said...

Happy Leap year Sass!!

The Funky Bee said...

My Uncle is a Leap Day baby. He was born on February 29th. My aunt said next year she's gonna throw him a barmitzvah! I thought that was clever.

As cool as it would be to be "different" and have a 2/29 birthday, I can see it becoming a huge pain in the ass logistically with things like birth certificate, etc...