Monday, February 11, 2008

Update :)

First, thanks to everyone who kept checking back, sent me hugs, called or emailed me or even just thought of us.
Mason is doing great. We went to see the pediatric cardiologist on Thursday. He did a bunch of tests and ultrasounds. He has a physiological heart murmur. Bottom line is it's not serious at all. It's a result of a valve not closing completely in his transition from being in-utero to being in the 'real' world. I could go into all the medical mumble jumble to explain it, but what's the point? He should outgrow it. We have to go back in 2 years to be checked out again. It seems so far away, but I'm sure it will fly by.
Tomorrow he goes to the family doctor to check up on his weight. Which is fine. Thanks you Cori for the wonderful websites and support you offered. It really helped. I guess I was just a little overwhelmed with everything.

Oh happy day!

8 comments:

Mackey said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy & relieved to hear that he is O.K.

Those little guys have a way of scaring the crap out of us don't they?

Give him a sweet luvvy hug from me.
A big ((((hug)))) of relief to you & Mr.Sass too!

Sailor said...

I'm glad to hear he's okay- and I'm sure the time will fly, no way it can't when you're dealing with kids :)

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

What a relief! I am glad that everything is lookin good! ALways pulling for you guys here... ;)

KBear said...

so happy to hear it's all ok sass.. im so happy to hear that hell outgrow it!!

The Funky Bee said...

YAYYY! I knew it would be fine but you're a new mom and you have every reason to be freaked out and concerned. I know I will be one day! HA

Congrats to you and your healthy little Mason! Rock on sister.

Cori said...

Yippee!! So glad all is well, this is wonderful news!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok first I'm gonna be pissy.
GODDANG
you gotta give us sumthin!
You can't say Thursday and then not post till friggin monday!
Had I known where u lived I'd have come up there and busted u in the eye

Ok
got that out
I'm glad Mason is ok. Thats awesome. I was pullin for y'all
you do have my friggin e-mail tho.
I'm just sayin!
xo
happy v-day too btw
jsull

g-man said...

So glad for you. I'm sure he will do just fine too. (I had one as a wee tot, I guess I out grew it too) Keep on keepin' on. :)