Good news: I avoided the shitter with all the clementines I ate.
Although I narrowly escaped the clink. I went shopping with Mason yesterday and picked up a bunch of baby food, a new sippy cup, some new clothes for him, etc. I had him in the stroller and just piled everything in the bottom. I got completely sidetracked and left the store.
Without paying.
It wasn't until I was in the changeroom of the next store (I hate shopping for work clothes!) that I looked down and saw all of it. STOLEN GOODS. I half expected to open the curtain and see mall security. But then I realized what a sad pathetic excuse of a mall it is, in this two-bit town, so I finished up and went back.
Surprised? Shame on you. I'm an honest person. I wouldn't steal on purpose, and I most certainly wouldn't just leave with the stuff! Although it would have been easy enough....
Anyways, I laughed and told the lady what I did. Mason sat in his stroller the whole time laughing and with perfect timing would yell "ah ha!"
So it was a close call for Mason and I. We could have spent Christmas in the clink. Although, my loving husband did say he'd bail Mason out, but leave me to rot. Lovely eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I'm sure he was mostly kidding :-)
Ha! I did a similar thing years ago. Stopped to chat with a former girlfriend's mom, and ended up walking to the other end of the mall with a pair of jeans hanging off my arm. No one even attempted to stop me! I went back too. Too honest for my own good!
I never doubted you for a second.
I didn't doubt you either!
My husband would've said the SAME thing!
JAG - Maybe, but we'll see if I ever bail him out! HA!
Os - I see how easy it can be!
Mackey - Thanks :) You know me well though :)
Pissy - Thanks!! Glad I don't come across as a theif!
Chesneygirl - Maybe they are hoping if we ended up in the slammer, we'd make someone our bitch...I'm sure they'd love to see (erm...watch!) that!
I didn't know what the clink was at first, but because I'm a sharp cookie, I figured it out! (yes, I seriously have never heard it called the clink before...call me naive)
One year my ex-husband and I were xmas shopping and I found a really nice $80 scrapbooking case that I begged to get as my xmas gift from him. We put it in the bottom of the cart and had the rest of the cart filled with presents. We went through the line, paid for everything, packed up the car and went home. When we were unloading the car, I said, "Did we pay for the scrapbooking case?" He said, "I think so."
Went inside and checked the receipt and sure enough, we didn't pay. I felt horrible and went back to the store. I told the store manager what happened and he said, "Because you were so honest, you go ahead and keep it. Merry Christmas."
Honesty is always the best policy!
April - Good thing you are a smart cookie, I didn't want to have to explain =P Honesty is always better. Karma bites you in the butt otherwise.
That is too funny! I'm glad you made it out and then back in again without harassment. Around here I doubt they would even give us a chance to explain!! :)
If my memory serves me correctly, you are back at work today.
I hope things are going well. Hope there wasn't too many tears when u had to leave Mason today.
((((hugs)))) to you Sassafrass!
Holy crap!
OMG! I love clementines too! When we were in Florida for U.S. Thanksgiving I think I ate about 500 of them. SO GOOD!
And, I'm gad you didn't drag the boy down with your delinquency! I'd hate for his daddy to have to tell him all about his mama up in the big house...
Just checkin' in again. How was the first day?
well I am happy to hear that Mason is doing fine at the day home & not missing Mommy too much........but i am missing you!!!!
whaaaaa!!!!!!
I have a new place you can stop in & say once in awhile....
http://mac16.tumblr.com/
Don't worry....I will still b on my blog....this is just something new that I am checking out.
Post a Comment