We went to see my grandfather on the weekend. Thank you for all your kind words, happy thoughts and prayers. He is doing a little better, but not entirely well. He was at least sitting up when we came in, but really wanted to be in bed. He hadn't eaten lunch nor dinner. He's really loosing weight (that he doesn't have to loose) these days. Skin and bones. He smiled at Mason and remembered Mr. Sass but wasn't interested in talking. He kept muttering "what am I suppose to do?" I'm not really sure what that was about. Then he told me I needed to take Mason for a walk...which we decided it meant all three of us, so he could talk to my mom alone. He won't complain or be nasty in front of us. Not that he was nasty to my mom, but he was irritated for sure. He was also very confused. He asked my mom if she had seen Ted Kennedy lately and what he was wearing. When we were leaving I gave him a kiss and he said "Happy New Year!". It's hard not to giggle, but at the same time, it breaks my heart. We just go along with what he says. All the research says to do that :)
So that is where we are right now.
Thanks again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
*hugs*
i am glad you were able to spend time with him
Sorry that you're hurting :( Watching an aged loved one be confused is no fun at all. It's wonderful that you are spending time with him - his heart knows you're there, even if his mind doesn't always.
damn girl. I know that sucks.
I'm pullin for him.
xo
My thoughts are with you, Sassy.
xoxo
Post a Comment