Monday, September 28, 2009

Again...yippee..woot...woot...insert concern...

I'm going to be an aunt again! This time, it's my older brother and his fiance.
I'm not going to lie: it was a bit of a shock. They are planning a wedding and BOOM next I know it she's pregnant (the wedding is suppose to be 10-10-10). They called right away (I swear they just put down the stick and called everyone they knew) to share the news. Then a few days later she was scheduled for her first ultrasound and I get another call:
"Sass, call me back as soon as possible. I'm freaking out. I'm a bit further long then they thought."
Last time I talked to her they thought 3-4 weeks.
Ultrasound? 18 weeks.
18 fucking weeks. Brilliant. 4 and a half months along. At least she made it through her first trimester right?
I'm genuinely thrilled. I really am. I can't wait to be an aunt again. It's just hard not to be judgmental. I love my brother and his fiance, but he works odd jobs, she's on "disability" (soaking the system if you ask me). They live in a basement apartment (not idea for a baby!) and blah blah blah..I could go on.
But it won't change anything. The baby is coming. Sooner rather then later.
The biggest thing is that they are partiers. She smokes and drinks like a champ and when she's not drinking alcohol, she's drinking like 6 cans of pop a day. Not healthy. Now given that since she's found out she's pregnant, she's stopped drinking pop (and booze obviously) and cut smoking down, trying to quit and is eating really healthy. That's great. She is so excited to be a mom. I don't blame her. It's the best.
But what about the last 4 months? I was at the cottage with them and we had at least a drink every night. I'm so worried for my niece or nephew. I just hope everything is okay.
Please God, please let my darling niece or nephew be okay. I just want him/her to have the best possible life. It's not going to be easy at it is...so who needs added problems?
I'll do anything.
I'll even stop masturbating.
Now you know I'm serious ;)

5 comments:

Mackey said...

eep....18 weeks? Wow.
I hope your niece/nephew arrives healthy & happy. I mean, if you stop masturbating then he/she HAS to right? =)
<3

Mackey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cori said...

That's always scary when you hear about people who didn't know they were pregnant for a few months. Here's hoping baby arrives safe and sound! And congrats on being an auntie again!

Sassy said...

Mackey - Here's to hoping..and restraining! LOL Now what will I do with all those thoughts of your boobies??

Cori - Thanks!! I'm truly hoping everything is okay.

rage said...

Oh
My
Goodness

For some reason I am thinking "King of the Hill."