Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Dear Dad,
It's been 21 years today. 21 long years since you became an angel. My angel. It feels like forever, yet it doesn't feel like that long at all. I was just a kid, but oh how losing you hurt. It still hurts. I feel like I missed out on so much, but also that I was given so much in the 9 years I had you as my dad. We were a team. I knew how special I was to you, and I cherish all those special daddy-daughter times you spent with me. You always made me feel special. You taught me how to be a good parent by always taking the time. You always had time for us. You would have been an awesome papa to Mason, but I know he has a special guardian angel. I know one day we will meet again and I'll feel your strong arms around me and hear you call me "Dolly."
I miss you.
I miss you so much it hurts.
I think of you often and love you always.

4 comments:

Osbasso said...

Aww...that's nice. And sad at the same time. :-(

Shauna said...

Oh my. I'm just covered in goosebumps. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. He sounds like a really special Dad.

rage said...

Awww...

This hit home for me...

xoxo

Cori said...

Such a beautiful post - I'm sorry you lost your Daddy when you and he were both so young.