Sunday, August 22, 2010

South of the boarder fun.

Sorry, not that kind of "south of the boarder" fun. This time anyway.

We went to the States for a weekend away with friends. Although it is not the first time I have been south of the boarder, I have a couple things to say:

1. Dear God my American Chums, what the fuck have you done to my Cheerios?! Banana Cheerios, Chocolate Cheerios, Yogurt Cheerios, Fruity Cheerios...it's just to much to take in.

2. Dear Bob Evans. I love you. I love that your kids menu is super cheap (ummm $1.99 for breakfast?!) and offers so many sides. I was super excited that my boy could have fruit or yogurt instead of fries or other (much hated by him) potatoes. One thing though darling Bob (if I can call you that?). Your portion size is out of control. Way too much food for one person. Actually this goes for every place we went. Why is everything so big? Why does it have to be "go big or go home?" We went home. To normal sized stuff. At the end of the day though, I love you Bob Evans.

3. Is there some sick fool behind the whole GPS phenomenon (to which I say is a "colossal waste of money". I like paper directions, but perhaps I'm old skool like that) that gets a kick out of fucking with people and sending them all willy nilly about town? I swear it's a sick joke to see how far off course you can take someone before bringing them right back to the same bloody highway 10 minutes later. Also, not cool to take 2 car loads of lost and confused white folk into the ghetto and tell them "you've reached your destination." Forcing them to pull into an abandoned and boarded up building's parking lot (we had our pick) to re-evaluate our directions...all while car after car of "interesting" (we'll leave it at that) individuals in far too expensive cars for the area, slowly drove by staring at us. We decided to wing it and get the fuck out there. So this message is for you TomTom: FUCK YOU!! We did fine without you.

Side note: K and M: this fiasco was by no far your fault, even though you own the bloody thing. I think it really wanted us killed. It was an adventure..and hey we laughed our way through it. Nervous laugh at times..but laughter none the less...hehe

So that's it for now.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm
the portions were more than you paid for?
and that is a complaint!!?!??!?!

Sheeeesh Whata deal!

You know us, be the biggest and best or dont play!

Osbasso said...

Just a way for us to impart our superiority upon our Canadian neighbors! :-P

Hope you had fun anyway!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

LMAO! Where did you go? And yeah - on the O's - we have a kabillion different ones to choose from. You don't? LOL! On the food - that is why Americans are all so fat. When I was there in Canadia, Mackey took me to a McDonalds, and there were HEALTHY choices like yogurts and fruits and salads that we don't have here. I was amazed.

Anonymous said...

New here, got to jsgotgame.blogspot.com by searching yahoo and seriously like it here, will enjoy my stay hehe :)

p.s. If anyone is too interested in [url=http://newmoviereleasesdvd.info/]watch free movies online[/url] look my signature

The Funky Bee said...

that is AWESOME! It's funny b/c we say the same thing about almost every restaurant here! WHy on earth are the portions so flippin huge? And Americans wonder why we have an obesity epidemic...

And I read the GPS thing to the hubby and he was cracking up b/c it is also SO TRUE. I usually check the directions on line before we go anywhere and use the gps in the car b/c sometimes I have to say, "why the hell are they sending us that way?". It really is an issue they need to work on.

Glad your trip was fun, albeit dangerous, and that you made it home in one piece!