Tuesday, July 19, 2011

8 years ago today I was a virgin bride decending down the aisle to my prince charming.
It was a beautiful sunny day. 25*C. Perect for a wedding. Today it's 38*C without humidity. I would have collapsed from heat if I was getting married today! We had our closest family and friends surrounding us. His uncle and a good friend of mine married us. The reception was perfect. We were the last to leave! I had so much fun, and people still talk about how awesome the food was.

8 Years.

Doesn't feel like 8 years. More like 80. Kidding darling.
Let's see: 8 years...what stands out?
*2 houses including a move to a new city (not too far from where we started out), new careers, a vacation or two, countless hours in an infertility clinic, 1 beautiful son, hopes for more kids, adoption papers half filled out (that's my fault), a few pounds, and many laughs. Many hopes. Many dreams.

Is anyone still reading this seriously after my "virgin bride" comment?

Happy Anniversary Mr. Sass. Cheers to many more.

3 comments:

Osbasso said...

Actually, that did catch my eye... And there's probably a couple other things I could think of to add to your list, too! ;-)

Congrats to the both of you!

Randi said...

Yeah I was gonna let that virgin thing slide so I'm glad you put yourself on blast there at the end.

Love you, lady! Congratulations!

Mackey said...

Awww <3 I wish you many more happy years!
xo