Wednesday, August 08, 2007

In yo face sucka!

I took a very big step.
Almost everyone knows of my insane fear of bees. I'm sure the screaming and running away gives it away if you don't know.
The other night I was home alone and cooking dinner. At some point between running out to the BBQ and back into the house a wasp got in and had perched it's icky little self on the kitchen window. I was freaking. Mr. Sass wasn't around to kill it. No friends to rescue me. Shit.
I had to put my big girl knickers on and kill it myself.
And kill it I did.
After it was clearly dead I had to keep hitting it to make sure. For the record, I screamed the whole time I was killing the poor bastard. The neighbours probably wondered what the hell I was doing...
I just couldn't scrape up it's remains so I left it on the window sill until Mr. Sass got home. He swept it up, but not before I took a picture.
Shut up. People take pictures of their catches and kills all the time. So what if it's only a bee to you. This is victory for me!

Sassy: 1, Wasp: 0

11 comments:

Randi said...

HLP had to kill a wasp in her room and screamed in a way I had never heard. Girls are funny.

Mackey said...

I used to bee (pun intended) afraid too. Then I was stung a few years ago & realize it isn't that bad. No they don't bother me that much.

Osbasso said...

You am the great hunter now! Fear the Sassy!

Anonymous said...

i have alot in common with bee's
I always wanna get a lil honey on my sticker..........
js

Anonymous said...

Good for you girl!! I am proud of you!!

Aww your fear of bee's brought us closer together as friends.....they can't bee all that bad can they??

DINK said...

I HATE EM TOO BUT I DO KILL THEM IF`IN THEY ARE IN MY HOUSE DAMNIT! YOU GO ZENA! I LOVE YOU AND THE LIL ONE! <3 :) :p

Cori said...

I once made my hubby come home from work to kill a wasp. But, I have a "strong reaction" to wasp stings, so that's my defense. I, like Makcey, was amazed when I got stung how freaking minor it was, but then the allergic reaction hit, and I learned a whole new fear :)

exile said...

way to claim victory

next up, spiders

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

LOL! I would have taken a pic too, I hate bugs that sting - eeeg.

Anonymous said...

we have lots of wasps this year too! no so many bees though...

we even have these massive black wasps that eat the regular yellow/black striped ones...

you are welcome to come over and have a go at them if you like...

Sassy said...

Exile - I'm not afraid of spiders! Just stinging bastards!

David's Traveling - Ummm thanks for the offer, but no thanks!