Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I really toyed with the idea of painting Mason green, but decided the hassle I'd probably get from Children's Services wasn't worth it. About 3 years ago (maybe 4) I bought this onesie. It was too cute to pass up and I hoped one day I'd have a baby to wear it. Who knew it would be a perfect fit for St. Patrick's day?! Too bad he resembles more of his daddy's side then his mommy's pasty white Irish side! Oh well, he's one little leprechaun I love who has brought me the best kind of riches out there!
Last year for this holiday I got waaaay to drunk with Hella and Binsk and then at some point got myself pregnant. This year it will be green punch and abstinence thank you very much!

I leave you with some Irish blessings and sayings:

My grandparents always said this one to us:

May your blessings outnumber
The Shamrocks that grow.
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
**Then my grandfather would add in "and may you spend half an hour in heaven before the devil knows your dead!"

This one is for Hella and Binsk. The best drinking buddies ever!

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Have a good one friends!
Slainte!

9 comments:

Cori said...

Bwahaha, that added line from your grandpa made me burst out laughing!

Happy Green Day!

Randi said...

I peeench your bebeh.
Happy St. Paddie's Day

KBear said...

slainte!!! i love your granpa's one liner!

i made an irish drinking song up last year. too bad i couldnt find it. i was drunk when i did it, and it even rhymes!!!

happy patty day!

Osbasso said...

Ah, I remember the pics from last year well!

I'll try to imbibe a little just for you!

Anonymous said...

A very happy St. Patricks day to you my little Irish lass!!
Had a great timewith you last year and maybe next year we can go out and have a few Guinness together!
You little man looks sooooo adorable in his St. Paddy day onesie. I think I was with you when you bought that little gem!
Erin Go Braugh!!

Anonymous said...

LOL
great quotes
hmmmmm
if there was an O before my last name you'd swear I was a leprechaun
i dunno if u know it or not
hmmm
either way its so!
Happy St Pats
I hoppe ur butt gets fondled either way!

Thatgirl7278 said...

Your son's eyes are so big and cute. :) Happy (belated) St. Patty's Day!

g-man said...

Cute picture... Nice sentiments.

Here is one of ours ...

Here's to you and here's to me
If we should ever disagree
F you here's to me.

The Funky Bee said...

Your little leprechaun gets cuter every day!!! Happy St. P's day - keep your pants on this time ;O)