Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blame the Government

That's my new line around here. That and "fucking government".
Why you ask?
I owe. A lot.
It seems that while I was on maternity leave last year some douche in the EI office didn't take enough taxes off and so now I have to pay them back. Don't get me wrong though. I know how lucky I am to have 1 year of paid mat leave. BUT what I earned had us living below the poverty line and had us dipping in to our savings quite often, to make ends meet. Combine that with Mr. Sass' rough go at work and we are thankful that we came out and are on the up and up. It wasn't MY mistake. Why doesn't this chimp pay for his/her mistake?
We had plans. Now I have payment plans.
We wanted to get a new shed for all Baby Sass' outdoor toys and our patio furniture. That has to wait. "why honey?" Blame the government.
Dog needs a "dog run"...can't afford it now. Blame the government.
Was going to go to Ireland. Fucking Government.
We need to think about getting another newer car. Now this one will have to last a little longer and we pray it holds up. Why? Fucking government.
I was going to save a whole shitload of money by not paying for childcare this summer. Now it all has to go to the government. Fucking Government.

Everything that goes wrong is now the government's fault. It may be juvenile, but it makes me feel better to cuss them out regularly. So join me: FUCKING GOVERNMENT.

11 comments:

Mackey said...

Fucking government bastards!!!!!!!

I am sorry they screwed you over so bad.=(

Sassy said...

Mackey - Ohhh 1 more thing: We wanted to go back to AB to see you guys (and the bro too).,..fucking government.

Cori said...

I remember them not taking enough tax off when I was on mat leave way back when. Looks like they still haven't figured out their amounts to deduct.

Anonymous said...

surely you didn't think I needed any encouragement to say/think fuck the government!!!

FUCK YOU GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

yep.. fucking government.. they screwed me out of half my return because of an idiot mistake.. i am still trying to get that cleared up

Anonymous said...

Gee, doesn't matter where you live. We all feel the same way. Sorry to hear your plans have gone a wry. That sucks!

Osbasso said...

Gee... Now you sound just like an American!

The Funky Bee said...

FUCKING GOVERNMENT!

Aww Sass, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so weird b/c I was just talking to my hub the other day and we were discussing how I'll be paid while on my (measly) 3 month maternity leave - fucking U.S. Government - and I have an appointment to speak to my HR rep about it. I'll make sure to bring up the whole taxes thing while I'm at it!

I hope your situation works out. Hey, maybe you'll win the lottery!!! YAYYYY

fucking government...

rage said...

That totally sucks!

Fucking government!

KBear said...

this scares me.. cause I'm on mat leave this year!!

fuuuckk.. better start saving now!

Mackey said...

What!!!!???? You were going to come back to AB????!!!!
OK....that is fucking it...someone in that department is gonna get ma boot up their ass!!!!!!
Waaaaaaaaaaa.......I want my Sassy this summer!!!!!