23. Ever wonder about a number?
* At the moment of his assassination, Caesar was stabbed 23 times.
* The circulation of the blood through all the human body takes 23 seconds.
* The average human physical biorhythm is 23 days.
* The ovule and the sperm are both composed of 23 chromosomes.
* Charles Darwin's Origin of Species was published in 1859 - 1+8+5+9 = 23.
* The Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8.15am - 8+15= 23.
* The terrorist attacks on America on 11 of September 2001 have been held up as one of the most portentous examples of the disturbing power of 23. The figures in the date (9+11+2+0+0+1) add up to 23.
* Kurt Cobain, the god of grunge, was born in 1967 and died in 1994 - 1+9+6+7= 23, 1+9+9+4 = 23.
* W is the 23rd letter in the alphabet. It has 2 points down and three points up and is located on your keyboard below the 2 and 3.
* Dr Pepper now boasts being an "authentic blend of 23 flavors"
* Michael Jordan's jersey number: 23.
* One of the most famous Psalms in the Bible: Psalm 23: The Lord is my Shepherd.
23.
That's how many years ago I lost my father.
23 years missing him.
23 years without having him here with us.
23 years not hearing his voice.
23 years not being able to hug and kiss him.
23 years of memories that don't include him.
23 years cherishing the time I did have.
23 years of savouring the memories I have.
23.
It still hurts.
I love you dad. Always. Forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wasn't sure where you were going with this at first. Hugs to you...
Working on year two and it still hurts like yesterday! I know I will never be the same...
Hugs Sass. I wallow in my own hurt over my Dad (2 years very soon) - but I was so lucky to have him as long as I did. I wish you could have said the same. I am here with a tissue to catch yer snotz ok??? I just think that they are up there watching us, always sending us signs, always being so proud of our progress. It's all that keeps me going some days. I would love to know if yer Daddy and my Daddy are up there talking about us!! :)
Post a Comment