Saturday, January 05, 2008

I was watching some Barrett-Jackson car auction (I don't know if I even have the name right. All I know is I never have control of the remote and I've watched countless hours of car shows!) the other day and a car sold for 5 million dollars, setting a record. It blows my mind that these people have this much money to 'blow' on cars for personal collections. The guy who bought this car is a 'regular' and I've seen him before. He buys all the time and is really hard to out-bid. I turned to Mr. Sass and wondered aloud if that guy would pay me 5 million dollars for my Neon. The response? "He has a car collection, not a wrecking yard."
Gee thanks. I nearly died. Good thing I did all those Kegal exercises or I would have peed my pants a little. Mr. One-liner these days. That one goes right up there with his loving comment about me in labour. Apparently I should be thankful (as he is) that I wasn't one of those really nasty, sweaty women after hours of labour. I think he should be thankful he's not the one giving birth damn it, especially if he values those pearly whites of his.
Anyhoo...sleep calls me name.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Mackey said...

Sleep?
You're getting sleep?
Lucky duck!
That Mason must be one good boy:)

They sold a Mustang Shelby on that show once. Autographed by Carole Shelby. I think I might have given my left tit for that car:)

Anonymous said...

Mr. Sass and the one liners have been entertaining me for years.....but then again look at his Dad....he has had a few doosies of his own through the years. So at least we know where he gets it from!!

5 million for a car??? Better be made of gold and diamonds!

Sassy said...

Mackey I do believe that was the car that went for 5 million. I knew it was a Mustang Shelby, the personal car of Carole Shelby..but I couldn't remember his first name and was too lazy to google it!
Either way..a sweet car!