Is pecan really pronounced "peek-anne" or "peek-on"???
I absolutely can't stand when people say peek-on. It sounds so snobby. So much so that when I was waitressing and someone would order a slice of "peek-on" pie, I'd say "I'm sorry we don't have any, but if you'd like I can bring you out some 'peek-anne' pie?"
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it bothers me just the same, and I refuse to even consider saying it the other way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Uh-oh... I'm a 'peek-on' sorta guy. Your answer to the next question may determine if I can still be friends with you or not. How do you pronounce creek? "crick" or "creak"?
It is properly pronounced PEE-CAN
Like
PEE
CAN
PEE CAN PIE!!!
Ok - at least down here in Kansas! :)
Os - Ohh dear. I'm sorry about the peek-on. I thought you were a respectable kinda guy! Oh it's SOOOO creek.not crick! That drives me up the wall!!! Please say we are still friends??
Hippychic - AMEN. I may have to move to Kansas if people around here refuse to change.
Still friends, but you're going to have to be in a different class of friends. ;-) It's "crick". You can make it up to me though...
Os - It is NOT CRICK!! Holy crap!! You speak funny =P Actually the husband says crick to piss me off.
I think YOU have to make it up to ME! ;-)
I agree with Hippy -- it's pee-can.
And crick?? I suppose we should sit a spell on the sofer, too.
Ha!
sassy, I agree with you on both counts. Os must have one of those stange accents where they say everything wrong :-)
Ah, but that's it--I DON'T have an accent. I speak normal North American! JAG speaks with a southern accent. Sassy, you speak Canadian, which is way different, eh? Next thing you know you're going to tell me that a glass of Dr. Pepper is a soda...(or worse--a coke!)
Sarah - That's cuz you're a smart cookie. PeeCAN!
Justanothergirl - I think he does. He talks all funny like. Must be mountain air?
Os - Mmmmm no not a soda: It's POP!
It's pecan, not peecon.
It's creek, not crick.
It's pop, not Soda.
It's cement(sement) not SEEMENT. (That one was for Becky)
The one that I can't figure out though is-
PASTA or POSTA?
OK--you're redeeming yourself slowly here...
Is it "it-alian" or "eye-talian"?
"rute (as in toot) beer" or "rut (as in put) beer"?
I'm a peek-on too.
Peek-an sounds retarded.
Mackey - ABSOLUTELY!! And it's Pasta. People who say Paw-sta probably say pecon. Seement...hehe. She's lucky she's cute :)
Os - It-alian, not eye-talian and root beer not rut-beer for sure!
Randi - I thought I drooled too much....
I say peek-on too. It's just sexier.
hrm, not peek-on, more like Pih-cawn.
unless i'm talkin bout butter pecan ice cream.
then its butter PEEEKin
hehee
always been a "crick" girl. grew up with it. creek is the sound old doors make :P
Post a Comment