A good friend of mine is expecting her first child. In fact, the baby was due July 18th. They don't like to let you go more than 1 week over your due date, so the plan was to induce her on Friday (the 25th). She waited all day anxiously to be called in. Around 5pm she went in, got the gel and was sent home (The same process I underwent). To make a very looooooong story short: she's still pregnant. She's gone back and forth from the hospital 8 times now and had 3 rounds of the gel. They don't want to break her water or start pitocin because they are understaffed for nurses until the weekday. She didn't even start having contractions until about 11:30 last night, and then they stopped. She and her husband have been playing countless hours of scrabble in labour and delivery triage. The current news is that she is having contractions again, about 5 minutes apart, but is not effaced or dilating, so she's on her way home. Again. For fucksake. I can't imagine the toll it's taking on her both physically and emotionally. I've been on pins and needles all weekend waiting to rush over and celebrate! I can't take much more!
Could you please send some positive vibes to her, mixed with a little kick in the tiny rear of that baby to be born? Maybe with a collective force, something will happen.
Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Can't someone just go in with some salad tongs and pull the whippersnapper out??
Seriously--I can't imagine what women have to go through at this time... You're all braver than I'd ever be!
Must be a boy;)
I can kid.....my son was 13 days late. Bugger=)
Os - Believe me...I've offered. We are about to picket the hospital "break her water! break her water!"
Mackey - That's what my guess is. Boys always cause trouble.
That poor, poor woman!!
Yep, has to be a boy... I had a boy... after a gel application and TWENTY-FOUR HOURS of labor only to have it end in a C-SECTION.
Post a Comment