Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Boy has my life changed...

On the weekend, we had the reception for my brother-in-law's recent wedding. He got married on a beach and this was the party for the family and friends. Family has flown in from across Canada to join in the fun. My in-laws had a house full of wild relatives and it's been non-stop since they've arrived.

Mason was home with my mom watching him for the night. Usually we party it up pretty hard. This time? Notsomuch.

It was only after the reception that I tool inventory of the evening and realized how my life has changed:

We left the party early and sober. We left with the grandparents for pete's sake! We drove them back to the house, where it was my job to help the grandmother take off her undercrackers.

Let's recap shall we? Left early. Sober. Stripped his grandmother of her knickers.

Jealous?

At least I get brownie points for being a good daughter in law right? I'm sure the nightmares will end soon enough....

11 comments:

Jennybean said...

WOO-HOO for wild and crazy nights... I can feel myself getting old already too.... damn it!

Anonymous said...

I'll have an extra drink for you :-)

GoteeMan said...

Yeap, it's one of those nights you could have never forseen at 20...
but somehow, it makes sense...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

that sounds like one hip happening night i tell you.. man.. i wish mine was that awesome :P

rage said...

I'm drunk right now. Let's just say I had enough drinks for all of us.

g-man said...

HA. We just had a rip-roaring party in my neighborhood. Out till 1:30 and loaded! That is so not me anymore, but it was fun.

Look at it from grandma's point of view, she went home sober too and had to have someone help her take off her knickers (and it was not some well hung stud).

Saying prayers for Mea.

Sassy said...

Jennybean - The worst is that it takes me a couple days to get over the night out...and we were home by 12:30!

JAG - Thanks! Make it a double.

Goteeman - Funny how things change, but it does make sense. Good sense.

Jobthingy - I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm....unless you really do want into grandmas panties.

Rage - I'm jealous!

G-Man - Thanks for the prayers...and for the perspective of dear old grandma...poor thing. Maybe I should have had one of the uncles do it? Yuk.

Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
lol
sounds like a big ole time!

Sassy said...

Sage - yeah it was a big ole time..the knickers anyway ;-)

chesneygirl said...

Well I made up for you... I was out until 2am at my reunion on Friday night.

And then this weekend is a weekend away with GIRLS ONLY and we usually spend the entire weekend rip-roarin drunk and up until 2 or 3 am!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

LMAO!! Don't worry Sass - by the time you get a chance to go out and have fun again - you will be so old that someone else will be stripping you of your underbritches!! :O
Ok - so maybe not that long.... heehee!!