Nothing major, but the friggen walk-in clinic doesn't open until Thursday in this one horse town and instead of driving to my family doctor 30 min away, I thought the ER might be quicker. To make a very long story short, my little guy managed to scratch his cornea with his nail. I trim them short, but apparently one got away on me. Poor little guy was so off yesterday and obviously in pain. He wouldn't really open his eyes unless he was distracted with toys and then it was continually running. He was a trooper at the hospital while they put dye in his eye and checked him out. He was wiped after though. I was wiped too to be honest.
Then to top everything off, we had to go meet with the lady who will most likely be babysitting him when I go back to work (3.5 weeks folks!). It was a good visit, and he was mostly his usual self, but the poor gaffer was so tired.
There will be no swearing barrage today.

11 comments:
Awwe...poor Mason. That must have hurt like a bitch.
3.5 weeks until u have to go back to work?! Where the heck did all that time go?
Why not just wait until after Christmas break??? Seems silly to go back for just a couple of weeks.
Hope today is a good day for you hon.
Love & hugs.
Thanks Mackey. He's much better today.
I have no idea where the time has gone though. Where did my little baby go? I know it's silly to go back for 2 weeks before having 2 weeks off, but there is not much I can do about it. I need the cash, besides I go back in time to do all the fun Christmas things :)
Aw, poor guy. I swear, those little mitties newborns use can be useful until they are 8 years old.
Aww...that first ER trip must be a killer for both of you.
Probably a payback of some sort for the barrage...
Cori - I think so! They need to make them bigger..and so that they can't rip them off!
Os - I was more upset by all the sick people hacking and coughing all over the place. Thankfully because he's so small they took him almost right away. Are you suggesting I should watch my mouth? =P
Did he get to wear an eye patch like a pirate? Arrgh...
Once when my brother was small he got a hold of my Barbie clear nail polish and put it in his eyes because he was mimicking my ma putting on eyeshadow.
Sigh.
He is really cute and as someone who has had her cornea scratched by their kid, twice, I know that it HURTS!
Going back to work is tough, but the greeting you get at the end of the day is wonderful.
And you will really appreciate having a place to pee in peace.
Poor little guy! Hope he's feeling better!
He's ADORABLE!!!!
poor little man! Glad to hear that he, and you, were such troopers and that it wasn't more serious. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Randi - No eye patch! Too bad though, it would have been fun to play with I bet!
ASM - Argh I know. I've scratched mine twice so i think that's what made me more upset. I knew what it felt like! The peeing in peace actually sounds great!
Real Live Lesbian - Thanks! He's feeling much better now. Back to his old goofy self...
FunkyBee - Thank god it wasn't more serious! I don't think I could have handled it!
...not fun~yikes.
SUPER cute photo though*!*
I just wanna *pinch* those cheeks :)
Post a Comment