Monday, November 22, 2010

Heart Failure: 1 Sassy: 0

Oh. My. Gosh.
My child dropped the F-bomb.
AND it wasn't even because of me or Mr. Sass! Pay up to all those who had bets against me!
One of the kids at his daycare (older punk) told him "Fuck you" and he repeated it to the babysitter. And to me.
And then repeated it some more.
And more.
All night. "Ethan told me Fuck you." Must have said this atleast 12 times.


I am completely gobsmacked. I can honestly say I didn't know what to do. I ignored it, not wanting to make a big deal about it. But he'd say it again. Finally I said that he needed to use nice words and those weren't nice words. Nothing more said.


I have no idea what do say/do if he says it again. Advice anyone?


I know he's going to learn these words, but I didn't think it would be at almost 3! Now I'm stressing because my precious baby boy, my well behaved, smart little boy said the F word. Maybe I'm overracting, but I don't want him to be "that kid" that the other parents won't let their kids play with because he swears.
Please God, let this only be a "one time" thing where he's trying something new out and doesn't get a good reaction, so he stops. Please.


If not, I'll wash his mouth out with soap..like Auntie Keri suggested. Right after I fish it out of Ethan's throat..cuz boy I'm going to throttle him tomorrow....



Happy thoughts Sassy..happy thoughts. All kids swear at some point right? Happy thoughts...


Check out this picture of my little nerd:


Does this look like a little boy who says the F word?!?!
I'm going to go cry...

3 comments:

Cori said...

bwahahaa!
I used the "not a nice word, don't say it" method of gob-smacked parenting. My best memory was my oldest telling his dear old Catholic grandma when he was little to "go to hell" in Portuguese. Yay, my kid is bilingual!

Randi said...

I remember my brother cursing and getting hot sauce in his mouth. God did he cry. Now he loves spicy food. Coincidence?

Anonymous said...

Well, since you have ignored it and he keeps saying it I would let him know it's a naughty word and he is not to use it and if he does he will lose something that has some significance to him, whatever that might be. Trust me, it only gets worse when they get older and even better when they point out that "you say it all the time." The joys of parenting.