So I managed to throw a haiku together on Friday, but since then haven't bothered to write anything. I think I've finally caught up on rest after last week. Last week was hot again as we finished up school. I'm really sad to say goodbye to this group. This has been the best year so far. Never have I had a class that was so enthusiastic about everything, loved everything, was so curious and who went above and beyond anything I ever asked of them. A dream class. I got spoiled by the kids and the parents too, but the heartfelt letters from a couple of their parents really brought tears to my eyes. That's the best gift!
Hella and her son came down for the weekend for Canada day! As always it was way to much fun to see her. She came baring gifts for little Bean too! Which reminds me, I hope she noticed that I was on my 'better than usual' behaviour with her son, since I know that she'll be returning everything I've ever done/bought/said with her son. We spent a nice afternoon at the park with an old high school friend and his kids. The fireworks were pretty good, but I was friggen freezing!!! Shocking I know. It's not usually that cold at night! Jebus!
Now on my first official day of summer vacation, I can say I've had 2 naps! The delivery guy got a show of me soaking wet in a towel as I raced out the door so he wouldn't leave (he was early for the record! When does that ever happen?!). Sorry folks, no pictures of that! I've also started the daunting task of painting the family room. I hope to post before and after pics at some point. I've only finished taping the room. Mr. Sass needs to move some furniture for me. Now I'm off to get the paint!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We'll need to be seeing the side by side pics of the Canadian and American beavers. Or you running around soaking wet in a towel. Either/or.
Glad to see you know how to take advantage of the summer vacation!
I think if we added up all the time wasted waiting for delivery guys "3 hour windows", we would have more than enough time for a couple of extra lives for people that need them.
Post a Comment