It's before 8 am. I've left my tea on the counter at home. Annoyed. I decide to swing in to Tim Hortons to grab a tea and save my sanity...and possibly the lives of a few grade one students. The roads around this location are a great example of how our tax dollars are clearly being wasted elsewhere. Potholes, ridges, bumps. I was navigating said rough terrain when a little voice bellows from the back:
"JESUS! SLOW DOWN!"
I gasp. Did my precious boy just take the Lord's name in vain? Where has he learned this? Did I say something similar? How am I going to explain this one to his father...or his grandparents? *Gulp*
As I'm debating if I should react or not, he pipes up again: "Silly Jesus, he's swinging all over the place! Slow Him down mommy!"
He was talking about the Rosary that hangs from my rear view mirror. With all the bumps it was swinging around like mad! He wasn't taking the Lord's name in vain. Phew. I guess I won't have his company on the bus..just yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hilarious!
Ha! I should get you a G-Force Jesus like the one I have hanging from my rearview. It's Jesus flying off his cross because I'm going so fast. Don't be jealous.
Randi - Ohhh! YOU are the person to go JC stuff!! I want a G-force Jesus tooooo!! All my friends would be jealous.
Post a Comment