Friday, March 18, 2011

She has big...

Walking through Wal-mart, you see all kinds of people. I knew the time was coming when Mason would start to notice different people and perhaps make a comment, or ask an innocent question. Perhaps if I was really lucky he'd be loud enough for people to hear and I might even experience embarrassment.
Today, we were walking through Wal-Mart with my mom. A lady walked by us. I thought nothing of it, except that she seemed to be struggling a bit. As she was passing, Mason turned around and was just staring at her with a curious look on his face. I knew he was thinking something. I took notice so that I could anticipate what he might say or ask.
This lady was large. I'm no skinny minny, and there is no way to describe it delicately and without being offensive, but she had the shape where her hips and bum were extremely large in comparison to her upper torso. Get the idea? He stared for a moment as I thought, "maybe he's staring at the big display of Easter treats."
His eye's lit up.
Yes! Easter treats!
"Hey Mommy! That lady has big.."
Shit! Not the Easter treats!
"Hey Mommy! That lady has big pants!"
I really thought he was going to finish that sentence with something else.
I nearly keeled over from containing my laughter. Pants. Yes. Pants.
He went on to say, "I have little pants."
So innocent.
Please stay sweet and innocent a bit longer baby boy.

***
Ode to Pants Haiku:
Some pants big, some small
some the size of Montreal
Pants, Pants, lovely pants.
***
Definition: Pants
Intake of breath or trousers,
Pants, Pants, lovely Pants.
***
Pants, Pants, lovely pants
But don't forget the underpants
Better on the floor!

3 comments:

Mackey said...

I love the fact that he said you had small pants. Hope u bought that boy a treat!

Luv ya bunches Sass & hope u r well<3

Osbasso said...

Oh, Mackey...he didn't say that about her! He's not THAT good!

Randi said...

Adorable child, fabulous haiku.