Thursday, August 17, 2006

No HNT...but I have a good reason!

Damn...just when things were going smoothly we find a fly in the mustard. I had a lovely HNT post planned for today (one I hear Redneck Nerdboy would like!) but I guess it will have to wait until I get back..*sniff...sniff*

I'm sitting here with my eyes slowly closing and my head pounding. I pulled an all nighter last night, but not in anyway that was enjoyable. I wonder how I used to do this through highschool and university and still function? What in hell's half acre was I doing you ask? Sitting in an emergency room. Those who know me or Mr. Sass would know that perhaps we see the inside of emergency rooms (for idiotic reasons no less) far to frequently, but damn it we were doing sooooo good until now! We've lived in this town for about 10 months now and this is the first trip to the ER! Pretty good record for us.

Anyhoo, I get this phone call last night around 8:45:

Me: hello?
Mr. Sass: hey! I'm done changing the gas tank on A's car...I'm on my way home.
Me: great! I guess I'll see you in about 20?
Mr. Sass: Ummm I think you need to take me to the emergency room....
Me: haha riiight.
Silence
Me: are you serious? Don't fuck with me.
Mr. Sass: Yes, I'm serious. I took a chunk of my finger off with the grinder at work today. It's still bleeding and I did it around 4:30! (Note that he is quite impressed with himself)
Me: What? At work? And you are just considering going now? Are you insane?!
Mr. Sass: Well it's wrapped pretty good and I promised I'd do the gas tank.
Me: Well if you were going to be so silly about it, you could of atleast taken the arm off, that way our mortgage could be paid for...you can be such an inconsiderate ass sometimes you know.

He gets home, and insists on a shower since he is not only dirty from work, but is also covered in grease. Me being the loving gal I am, helped him shower since he is unable to do it himself..hehe. Not that I minded at all of course....
We sat in the emergency room until after 4am. When they opened his bandage job he started squirting blood everywhere. I'm usually really good with this kind of stuff, but as soon as I got a good look at his handy work (and saw the chunk of finger missing), I immediately was dizzy and felt like I was going to puke. He actually got off the hospital bed so I could sit with my head between my legs! Not a shining moment for me, but I got over it.

We had to go back today since he woke up and had bled through the bandages. It was still dripping down! Another (much shorter) visit to the ER and they fixed him up proper. They discovered he actually severed a small artery and had to coderize it. I was back to myself today and watched them do it. Now we are just hoping he can keep it clean while we are on vacation. Nice timing there buddy.

So, that is my story and I'm sticking to it. No HNT this week (or next I guess, since we'll be away), but I promise for some really sassy ones from Jamaica.

9 comments:

Mackey said...

OUCH!!!!!
He waited 4 hours to mention he cut off the end of his finger??!!!
Holy sheepshit Batman!! Now that is some pain tolerance!!!
Thank God the sill man didn't bleed to death!!!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Holy shit! Mine would have been all whiny and stuff... God have a blast on vacation!!!!

Sassy said...

mackey - yup..waited 4 hours and changed a gas tank on an suv in the mean time...not always using common sense I think!

hippychic - oh don't worry...now I get to listen to all the whining (sp?!) and sucky behaviour! and thanks we'll have a great time! :)

Shora said...

OMG I had to skip over your last two paragraphs, I was feeling faint.

Bon voyage sweetie! Hope you guys have a blast in Jamaica... mon.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Goodness Sassy! I hope he get's to feeling better. As for your HNT, I'm breathless with anticipation! Seriously! Please (with a cherry on top) post as planned sometime soon!!! :D

Randi said...

You don't need a horror story to excuse your hnt absence. Jesus. Sounds godawful.

Robin Alexa said...

Ick...it's giving me the shivers.

Poor Mr. Sass.

Can't wait to see the Jamaica photos!

Thatgirl7278 said...

I don't remember when you're leaving, but have a safe trip. :)

The Funky Bee said...

YUCK! You are some woman, I wouldn't have been able to handle any of that gross shite!