I was all set to make good on my promise yesterday and give myself some mad props for blogging 2 days in a row (is it possible to give props to yourself?...would you really want to?), but I blame the 2 biggest ditch-pigs for my lack of blogging yesterday. You see, I had no modem. I got this notice saying the one I have is out-dated and needs to be upgraded. All I needed to do was bring it into one of their stores and swap up. Perfect. I could do that on my way to my appointment! My appointment was at 10:45 and I got to the store around 10:00. 5 people in front of me. I waited.
and waited.
and waited some more.
Finally I was next in line. The stupid ditch pig couple (and their child who was running around wild in the store leaving a streak of 3 year old destruction, and who coincidentally needed to be changed...frig, how about potty trained?!) wanted cable and internet to their new place. Then an argument ensued over when the technician would come out. The problem? The time given was an 8-11am window on Sunday. They both marveled at how drunk they were going to get Saturday night and if they'd be sober enough to let the guy in. Even better was the conversation on how he was going to be getting drunk without his wife, because him and his buddies were going to the casino. However, Mr. "I'll save the day" thought he could just party all night and drive back really early to let the guy in before he crashed. Idiot.
I'm not even going to get into the rest of the damn conversation that I was subjected to. The point is that at 10:40, me stillllll being NEXT in line, I had to leave or I'd be late for my appointment.
I hope to high hell they arranged something before the second coming of Christ. The old man behind me was teetering as I left. I was worried he was going to topple over into the display of Maynard Candies. Hell, with any luck the stupid couple might actually wash up and brush their teeth by the time the technician comes and save him the same grief I was privy to.
Anyway, Mr. Sass went today for me, and here I am. Ho hum pigs bum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I have a Department of Motor Vehicles story that is right up there (It took several pages of blog post before my host server up and ate it!), I'm feeling you pain. I may have to try to re-post it for solidarity.
Asswads.
You should have pulled out the "pregnant & hormonal" card....the one that entitles you to freak on their ass & get away with it.
Yep....go with the pregnant card.... ;-)
hockey's back.. and looks like it's still last year's Leafs ;)
congrats on all the good news with the pea in the pod!
"Ho hum pigs bum"
Haha! You are the coolest person on the planet, Sass!
I hate lines. Especially ones with people in them....
I always give myself "props". I mean, if I don't...who will?
Post a Comment