Friday, June 06, 2008

Help!

****EDIT****
My problem (one of them anyway) is fixed!! Thank you soooo much to G-Man who sat with me (in a sense anyway) through all my issues and walked me through things. I'm sure he had much better things to do but he helped little ol' me and now my computer is back to normal!! Thank you so much G-Man. You have no idea how much I really appreciate this.
How does a girl properly thank you??


No...it's not about getting a decent salad around here (see below if you're confused).
We had a big storm last night and before it actually started, we turned the computer off. This morning when I turned it on, it's all fucked up.
I got a message saying that my screen resolution and colour depth are at a very low level and if I wanted Windows to fix it. I said "yes" but nothing happened. I went into the Display settings and tried to do it by myself, but I couldn't change anything. All the images are distorted and fuzzy..and really big. The colours are all off too. It's hard to explain..and hard to type anything with things like this.

Anyone have any idea what happened or what I can do to fix it???
Any help is much appreciated!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry sugar!
I can't help you.
but I did link your vera vera sexy self!!

g-man said...

I had something similar happen a while ago. Turned out to be something to do with something running on my and my wife's different accounts. (We had both been logged in when I was switching to my account.)

Try:
-Shut down your PC.
- Unplug your PC.
-Wait one minute.
-Plug it back in, and start it up.

That should reset the hardware, it seems as though your video card is hung up on something.

Let me know if that works.

Sassy said...

Sage - Thanks for the link :)

Gman - I tried, but it didn't work :(

g-man said...

Why naked pictures of course! ;)

Barring that a simple thank you (which you have done several times) will do nicely.

Mackey said...

Gman rocks.
It's good to have a good guy like him around here.