Thursday, August 14, 2008

Grab your earplugs...

I hate singing, unless I'm alone in the car with the tunes cranked. Yet I sing with Mason all day. He loves it. It's different singing with kids. They don't care what you sound like. My students love to sing with me too, but I'm mortified if any of my co-workers hear me. It's a bit different now, because if Mason is fussing in public, I know singing one of our special songs, he'll stop instantly and snuggle into me. At those times, I don't give a flying fuck who hears me, I just want my baby to be happy.
However, lately my confidence in my silly singing with my son has been dashed and I blame the dog:

11 comments:

Osbasso said...

On the contrary--I think he just wants to add a little harmony!

And I wouldn't have looked at the junk if you hadn't subliminally forced me to!

Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

ok seriously. Os and i are in this one together.

if you dont want me to look.. dont point it out.

and really, i think he just is singing with you

Anonymous said...

How could you not look it's in the center of the frame!! You would have thought the dog would have a higher pitch since you snipped his jingle berries.

You and the puppy should head to NY for David Letterman's pet tricks, but take the kid for some added cute factor.

chesneygirl said...

Nah... just think of him as your back-up singer! :P

I can't sing. At all. I'm so terrible at it that I wouldn't even consider singing to my son when he was baby. Public OR private! lol

Mackey said...

lmao!!!
That is hilarious!!!!!!
Can your puppy yodel?:)

Randi said...

The best thing ever.
LOL

Sassy said...

Os - Then he's probably the only one who has any harmony...

Sage - LOL yeah..it gets a little tiring though. Sometimes I can't even talk without him howling.

Jobthingy - Made you look. At least the lipstick wasn't out of the tube...

Anon - Hmmm good point. It should be a higher pitch eh?! David Letterman eh?

Chesneygirl - The backup singer is often louder then the actual singer in this case!

Mackey - we're working on it! LOL

Randi - Thanks! Did you catch that Mason was laughing at the end..he thinks it's funny most of the time..if he's not scared my it.

Rage - Thanks! :)

g-man said...

I think I peed!

KBear said...

i thought it was cute! really really cute!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

That was hysterical! And then you made me go look at yer dogs junk..... LOL!