I went shopping with my mom today. I needed to get a few things for our trip and she provides not only an excellent (and brutally honest...but nice) opinion, but she's a great distraction to the baby while I shop freely. Today was the dreaded bathing suit shopping. My favourite one has a hole in it (nooo not there) and I won't wear it and look like a ditch-pig.I picked out several suits I liked (and all 50% off no less and headed into the fitting rooms. I found one I really liked but was disappointed that it was mislabeled. The lovely grandma-like sales associate offered her assistance so I asked her to check for my size (mom was in the next department looking at sunglasses: big help). A few moments later the sales associate comes back with a size 22!! SIZE 22!!!!!!
Are you serious? I'm not super skinny by any means, but I don't think I look like I take a size 22. Either she was being mean or she needs a new prescription. So much for feeling good about myself after my recent efforts in trying to eat even healthier and loose 20 by December....
I put my clothes back on and went to check myself. She was surprised to see me exit so quickly with the same suit and asked if I needed anything....
Ummm no thanks. My self-esteem is better off without your help lady.

11 comments:
how could u ever have low self esteem with me commenting?????????
lol@ 22
haaaaaaaaaaa
no way ur bigger than a 6
I don't know..you do pump me up don't you? *snickers*
That saleslady must be on crack!
a 22.. jesus.
ill go find her and knee her in the box next im in your area.. k?
I have a swimsuit but it doesn't fit too well. I'm short waisted but my torso's big. very broad chest but small boobs.
My heart goes out to u sistah.
But really.....u did'nt have to use that pic of me as a visual;P
I dread bathing suit shopping. DREAD. I didn't even buy a new suit this year because I am so unhappy and depressed about my figure right now. I also have a goal to lose... 25 lbs by Thanksgiving.
So were you able to find something?
i bought a tankini this year..lol... i liked it, thought it was cute, and it hides my "want to hide flabby" places
Once I went into Abercrombie & Fitch and requested a size 12 in jeans and the young saleswoman told me "I don't think they make them that big."
That was the last time I ever went in said store.
I have heard of a hippo in a mini skirt, but a thong bikini?
I dont know what a size 22 is, but I think you look fab.
Big Pissy - On something for sure...or blind and hiding it.
Jobthingy - LOL @ kick her in the box. Of course you'd have to lift aside her saggy boobs first to get to her box.
Kittie Kate - It's such a pain to find suits that fit. I have a small waist and big boobs..and I'm hippy so I usually have to buy different sizes for top and bottom.
Mackey - Thanks! LOL..over my lily white ass that's you! You silly girl.
Chesneygirl - I found two!! Good luck with your 25 by thanksgiving! Keep me on track will ya?
Kbear - You have flabby places?!?! Yeah right. That suit will look adorable in a few months ;)
Randi - I would have bitched slapped her and then snapped her in two.
G-Man - Aww thanks.
Post a Comment