We don't have a great history with doing anything for New Years Eve. Something always happens to ruin any kind of plans we have, or we simply didn't make any concrete plans. Someone once referred to it as "Piss Poor Planning." They are probably right. Mr. Sass and I have had no less than 12 New Year's Eves together...and every one of them have sucked the big one. The majority (all?) of them have been spent with Hella. Take a walk with me down New Years Eve past:
One year we had carbon monoxide poisoning (from his car - I wondered why he was breathing thru a straw out his window...) and were sick on the couch watching Cujo. A few friends came by, but we were not pleasant company I'm sure. Someone was puking every few minutes (not meee!). I think I was 17 then.
Another year (several infact) we missed the whole countdown and happy new year stuff because we were doing donuts in a snowy parking lot, while a friend worked security, or we passed out from either fatigue or intoxication. Jealous??
Yet another year we spent with my mom, whose furnace broke and she was waiting for a repair man to come fix it. I remember it being freezing that year. We didn't want to leave her alone, so we built up the fire and waited. The actual 'countdown' and 'happy new year' kissing part was spent sitting on the basement stairs watching the repair man fix the furnace. There was a lot of crack, and I wasn't going to be getting any closer then need be, let alone give out any kisses. Atleast we had heat shortly after.
One year we decided we would go out for dinner then meet up with friends later in the evening. Who knew you needed reservations for so many places?! We ended up going to Pizza Hut, where they had run out of pizza. Brilliant. I think we then hung out with Hella watching tv and drinking fuzzy monkey nuts. There was probably some porn too. Who knows. I drifted off into la-la land with Hella beneath a Marilyn Manson poster, giving me sweet dreams (there is a joke in there).
The New Years eve of 1999 was all hype. A friend of ours was having a party. We hit the party thinking it was bound to be better than anything we ever do. He had some pretty crazy parties in the past. This party however was just okay. He had taken an interest in some 16 year old girl so it was her and all her friends. Joy. We sat around this lame party drinking far too much. I know I entertained a few people with my party hat top (and yes there are pics!). After the 12:00 mark, some champagne and kissing, we blew that popsicle stand and went back to Hella's apartment, probably for fuzzy monkey nuts.
Yet another year, we decided to have a bunch of close friends over. This was okay...but nothing really good. It was last minute. We played some board games (live large I say) and got up to the usual shenanigans. At about 11:30 we hit the downtown of Brampton (those of you who know it can stop laughing now), for the countdown. We ran into a couple crack whores and some drunk people to stand around with. Woohoo. We left at 12:02.
I think those are the major ones. Anything else I've probably blocked out of my mind.
I find New Year's to be slightly overrated. So much hype. Perhaps I'm just bitter because I never really do anything worthwhile? Meh.
This year however, we (meaning Mr. Sass, Hella and Exile) are (hopefully) taking a step in the right direction. We got tickets to The Velvet Underground in Toronto.
Something to do.
Someone to do it with.
That's a start.
Atleast there won't be any pizza or barfing. I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oooh, sounds like this one could be the one! Have a blast hon, and give those others a big midnight smooch from me, ok? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! xoxoxo
lmao!!
I agree with ya Sass...New Years Eve is highly over rated.
Sounds like this one could be a good one for ya though.
Don't forget to have some Fuzzy Monkey Nuts!!
xo
Shora - I'm hoping this one will be good! I'll pass the smoochies on! Happy New Year to you!!!! xoxox
Mackey - MMMMM fuzzy monkey nuts! I'll have to make you some one day...so delish! xoxo
Ummmm Mackey? Is that really your license plate or are you just super clever??
I'm super clever. But uh, I guess your question wasn't about me. I hate that.
oooh, fun fun, Velvet Underground! Happy New Year!! I haven't done anything fun since hooking up with my (in)signifigant other, though the bar I hung at when I was 17-19 had some pretty fine New Years parties. Ah, to be young and drunk again...
NYE is always anticlimactic. I think in 29 years of life I've had one really great one. So know you aren't alone. Hope this one's faboo!
No that is not my licence plate, I am just super clever;) (ya right)
I do want a personalized plate with that on it for my bday though....could ya drop a few hints for my hubby :)
Post a Comment