Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The vacation update...part 1.

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet. Mainly because this cold is kicking my ass. I feel like crap and to make things even more enjoyable, I'm pretty sure I broke at least one of my toes today.

So right before we left on vacation, I went away for the night with my mom and aunt. It was to get away for my mom's birthday and a belated mother's day gift. We went to see Jersey Boys at the theatre. So AWESOME. We stayed the night at a fancy hotel and pampered ourselves, and then went to the Blue Jays game against Boston. They lost in extra innings, but it was a great game. It was the first time I have left Mason over night. I survived (barely) and so did he. He had a great time with his daddy.

Hmm....I'm already rambling here I think....

Mason did AWESOME on the plane. All three plane trips. He charmed the pants off the people around him. The time change was no issue for him either. He did so well. He was always happy and laughing and entertaining all the new family and friends he met. We are so proud of him.

We got to Alberta to see my brother and sister in law. They showed us an incredible time and loved seeing the boy. They haven't see him since he was 10 days old so they were shocked at how big he has gotten (I do send lots of pictures!). One of the highlights was going up to Banff and Lake Louise. It was freezing in the mountains, but SOOO beautiful. Here are a couple pics:



Lake Louise. This picture really does it no justice. The water is so blue and the mountains so gorgeous.



Excellent parenting skills: perch your child on a ledge for a picture. I left Mr. Sass in the picture so you'd all know Mason was safe.


Moi et Monsieur Sass. Please note I am exhausted, bundled up and freezing. Don't judge yo.



Banff. Again: gorgeous. We mostly shopped and breathed in the fresh mountain air...


The next day we drove up to Edmonton. We had a quick visit with Mr. Sass's cousin. I mainly wanted to go so I could me Mackey! Too bad we got lost and had to stop because then I would have much more time with her and her family. I got jipped. I can't tell you how amazing she is in person and her family is just as amazing. We really had a blast with them (and riding the roller coaster in the mall...even though I nearly shit a kitten doing it!). I wish I had more time. I was sad driving home :(

I reallllllly love Alberta. I could so see myself living there. Maybe it was the sexy cowboys I saw...but it was really great. I wish we had stayed at least one more day.

Tomorrow: The BC leg of our trip (ie: where my internet connection was lacking, since we were staying with Mr. Sass' Mennonite family).

10 comments:

Osbasso said...

Alberta is just up the road from me! I really think you should do this!

Sorry to hear that the fresh mountain air has made you sick...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun fun fun!!
looks pretty too.
Mason is a better man than me for sure, I cry and pitch a bitch on planes

before you shit the kitty have it de-clawed!!

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

the pics are beautiful.

im giving you the mom of the year award for the mason on the ledge pic.

mr sass is hot. *cat calls*

but of course, you are hotter :)

feel better soon babe

chesneygirl said...

The pictures are gorgeous!
I've never been to Canada ...well, I've been to Windsor, ON once... that doesn't really count.

Isn't it awesome meeting bloggy friends? I've had the amazing opportunity to meet quite a few (8) of them at different times and places and now three of them are my bestest friends! :)

The Funky Bee said...

Oh my! I know the pictures don't do it justice but it looks AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL there! Holy crap, I've heard so many great things about that area and now I know, must go there!

I swear, you and the hubby and especially little Mason are so cute! What a nice family you have Sassy!

Sounds like you had a nice time, now go take care of yourself.

Sassy said...

FunkyBee - It IS truly amazing there. So beautiful. Pictures just can't do it justice.

Sassy said...

So yeah...apparently my response to everyone else is gone. *sigh*

Os - I know!! I tried calling your name, but you didn't hear me :(

Sage - Lots of fun. Thanks for the advice. Claws would be baaad.

Jobthingy - LOL - even with his "I'm on vacation so I'm not going to shave for a couple days and look like a complete bum" look?

Chesneygirl - I love meeting blogger friends. I've met a few now and want to meet more! A couple of them have turned into such amazing friends!
..totally hit up Toronto would ya!?

Randi said...

GORGEOUS!!!
Hehe. Endangering bebes.

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

dude.. its the rough look.. me rikey

Sassy said...

Jobthingy - I got ya. It gets me moist in the knickers most of the time too :)