Every single one.
We'd ask him, "Hey Jamie, How's the theme song to Gummi Bears go?" He'd sing it from start to finish. We could never stump him. "Zoobilee Zoo?" we'd ask. He'd smile and break into:
Zoobilee Zoo
Zoobilee Zoo
Magic and wonder are waiting for you
It's as close as a dream
And as bright as the brightest blue
Welcome to Zoobilee Zoo!
Zoobilee Zoo
Magic and wonder are waiting for you
It's as close as a dream
And as bright as the brightest blue
Welcome to Zoobilee Zoo!
I'm not joking. Hella can attest to this. He was the tv carny, like she is the music carny.
We're guessing he didn't get out much as a kid. Probably never knew the joy of playing "Cops and Robbers." He was too lost in the land of Transformers, Fragle Rock and the Snorks.
I miss his strange ability to recite these lyrics.
One day he just vanished from our lives. There have been random sightings of him from Mr. Sass, but he never ventures to call anymore. Rumour has it that he's become one of those "Dungeons and Dragons" role-playing geeks, and that he hides out in someone's basement playing for hours and days on end, never showering, never seeing the light of day. We don't know for sure.
Since his mysterious disappearance, I've had to find another way to relive all my favourite childhood shows.
My neighbour turned me on to this: Retro Junk
Click the link. I dare you. I've had hours pass me by. TV shows, movies and commercials from the 70's, 80's and 90's. You can see and hear the intros just like when you were 6 and snuggled up on the couch (chesterfield for Exile) in your footie jammies on a Saturday morning.
Enjoy!

8 comments:
Great post....did you sing the Zooblie Zoo theme whilst you were typing....admit it....you know you did!
Yeah I miss Jamie too. He was so much fun to chill with. I hope he decides to come out in the sunlight one day so we can say hi!!
Hm. People like him frighten me! My beautiful, but stressed wife can hear any song for the first time and not only can re-sing it word for word but remember it years later!
OMG Sass...u r the devil!!!!
That site is so gnarly!!!!( How can ya tell I have been habing out in the '80's for the last hour)lol
Der......I mean *hanging.
gummie bears!
bouncing here and there and everywhere
they are the gummie bears!
I absolutely can not click there or my OCD will keep me from doing actual work in real life.
Exile, next time you come into town, you should get Sassy to sing it for you!!
LOL
Hella - are you laughing at me??
LOL
Post a Comment