Exile came to visit. I think Hella is still floating somewhere up near cloud nine. Let me know if you see her.
The weekend flew by in a haze of beer, wine, and electric shocks. We tried to put a little culture in this California boy, by teaching him some "Canadian." Do we now know what a toque is? Poutine? Not poon-tang! Poutine. Yes. I say 'eh' a lot. A LOT. So sue me you hoser. Exile opened our eyes to just how patriotic Canada is. It seems that we just don't notice all the maple leaves floating around. He pointed them all out. ALL of them.
We took him to have poutine. Heart attack on a plate, but he had to atleast try it.
Poutine is fries with gravy and cheese. Exile reminisced about his days working in a vet and drew some parallels as to what aspects of that job poutine now reminded him of. He ate it and liked it.We went out to play a few games at Dave and Busters. It's my pleasure to say that Hella beat the snot out of him in a racing game (damn women drivers!). However, she needed a little of my help with another game. I think by jumping on I may have done more damage to her game then helping..but it was fun and I copped a feel while I was there. I kid.
It is here that I must confess. I had my milk bags fondled by Exile. It seems he's never quite seen milk bags like these!
It seems that our American friends can only get their milk in cartons or other containers, not bags! I think he enjoyed fondling my bags. I liked it too.Exile managed to turn Hella and I on to a new game too. He's shown this devil on his blog, but now that I've experienced it, I need to have it! Last one to react to the change in light colour (or if you react to early) gets a heck of a shock! It was too much fun. Anyone care to tell me why the more I drank, the better my reaction time came? Not so for poor Hella. I wonder if she has the feeling back in her hand yet? My love of this new game has got me wondering if I secretly like pain....
I'm sure some wild antic from the weekend has been left out. My mind is off somewhere else today....All in all, the weekend was really great. It was nice to finally meet this blog friend! I hope that he had just a good time ;-) as we did. Come back soon eh!

13 comments:
Hey there!
Great post babe! It really captured the weekend well! Thanks again for the hospitality!
Can you send me some pics too please...please with sugar on top???
Oh yeah and cloud nine is doin just fine ;P
Wow!! I did not know there was a blogger union going on!!
Looks like you had a blast!!
I was surprised to when I found out the don't have milk in bags. They have really been depriving those poor Americans....no bagged milk, no Smarties, no poutine. They need to revolt!
Re: the Canadian flag. I didn't realize how many we had until I came home form the States this summer. I noticed all the American flags & wondered why we didn't fly as many as they do. When i came home I realized they were everywhere, I just never realized it.
Isn't meeting bloggers a blast?!? Looks like a great time was had by all!
Someday... Sassy, Mackey and Hella... someday. I'm coming up there!
Aaaaaaugh!
You will love it here. We will keep you forever. Wait until Julie has Timmys...she will never want to go back:)
Great post babe! And awesome pictures (has anyone ever told you you look like Amy Lee? You do!!!). Sorry I wasn't able to join in the fun. Damn! Well, we'll just have to have another one!
I think it's so cool that bloggers actually get together sometimes "face to face". It's just something that I never in a month of Sundays expected when I first started doing this blogging thing!
It looks like you did us well!!
(P.S. I've seen that 'shock game' advertised before, and thought it would be a blast at a drinking party or something. You've confirmed my suspicions!)
Aw..... you 2 are so stinkin' cute! Well... 3 if you count Exile. I wanna come over and eat heart attack food.
Exile is to Canada
What David Hasslehoff is to Germany
i have to admit, the poutine was mouth wateringly delicious. a bit saucy, but i definately managed to lap it all up.
that fries and gravey thing was good too
oh, and i managed to turn you and hella on to more than just a game *wink*
randi- thanks for the compliment, i think...
Looks like you all had FUN! I saw Shanaya (sp?) Twain making Poutin on Martha Stwart last year. Yeah, we just call that french fries with cheese and gravy - kidding, I know it's not the same as ours! But it looks deelish!
And yeah...no milk bags here. At least not the kind that get delivered. Ours are the natural kind.
Hmmmm It would be nice if we could all one day get together and get into some trouble...I mean fun!
hella- just what are you plotting?
sinner
I am trying to think of a way a bunch of us could get together and cause some trouble.......Exile...what did you think I was thinkin?
Post a Comment