Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Caution: Rant ahead.

I apologize in advance for the following rant: Aimed at a parent.

I don't understand why you think you can come into my room and tell me how to run a class. I didn't ask you for your opinion, your advice, or even you frequent drop in visits. Last I checked it said my name on the door, the degree, and the paycheck. There is nothing wrong in my room. The children are happy, obedient and they are learning. More importantly, they are having fun while they learn.

Don't ask me why your son hasn't got his test back that he wrote yesterday. I'll give it back when I damn well want to. Just because you nag me, I'll keep it an extra week, just to piss you off. Perhaps you expect me to rush home and mark them right away. Should I do that before or after I get through the mountain of marking that awaits me on my desk, call the parents whose children really need my attention, clean up my room so it's ready for the next day, meet with my partner to plan, and prepare the upcoming lessons/activities? Fact is, if I get through half of that it's a bloody miracle. I don't let it bother me though. It will all get done, in it's own time.

There is a difference between you and me: I have a life. I don't have all this 'free' time that you seem to have. Perhaps this sounds harsh to you. Maybe you will think I am envious. Here's the thing. I love my job. Not many people can say that, but I can. You are a stay at home mom. A hard job I'm sure. Parenting can't be easy, but your kids are in school from 9-3:30...what the hell are you doing during that time? You have told me countless times that you have a cleaning lady, so you can't be cleaning. You also complained to me that picking up the kids and having to come in to check their desks, interrupts your nap. Excuuuuse me. Sorry, if I think that your children are more important then a nap. Don't complain to me, I've been with 20 8-9 year olds all day. I'm tired. Here's another thing: don't come and check their desks. They have to learn to be responsible. If they forget something and there is a consequence, let them take their lumps and learn from it. You baby them. Cut the cord honey. No one likes sniffly, whiny, momma's boys. You have all day to do whatever it is you do. Clearly, it's not showering or making any attempt at looking like a woman (rude of me I know).

Maybe you sit at home all day and think of things that you could suggest to me? Nit pick about? Complain about? Tell me about? I also know you are the cause of the drama out on "parent hill". I see you for what you are. Your petty problems with other parents have affected your kids and theirs. Shame on you for pulling them into your issues!

So please, don't come to me saying that your child doesn't need to do said quiz because you didn't have time to study with him. I didn't know your social schedule was so jammed packed that you couldn't spend 10 minutes a night for the last week helping him. Maybe the line up was too long at Timmy's. Save it for someone who cares. You go about this all wrong. I'm the easiest person to get along with, but when you piss me off, I'll go out of may to return the favour.

Pull up your socks honey, and work with me, not against me. It's a long way until June.


*I just want to say that I am in no way looking to attack stay at home moms. I've just heard to much from this one in particular and for someone who does nothing all day (her own words) she seems to expect and awful lot from me, and has all the excuses in the book as to why she couldn't do something....just saying. Props to the good stay at home mommies. :D

9 comments:

The Funky Bee said...

man, she sounds like a real charmer! I can't believe she would literally admit that her nap is being interupted. I mean, I like a good nap now and then, you know, when I'm not WORKING, but I don't let people know they're interupting them. I would feel so dumb! Her kids are going to be the one's to suffer in the long run! Just keep your cool and hopefully you can get through this one!

Mackey said...

People like her give us SAHM a bad name.
I would never dream of telling my childrens teacher how she should do things.
I always offer to help in class & out.I have even brought home stuff from school to do for the teacher, like cutting,etc.
Hell I even volunteer to boil the damn weiners for hot dog lunch!!! Yechh!!!
Fugettabout her Sassy. She obviously has nothing better to do & I guess she feels that complaing about stuff make her look like she gives a shit!
An early Friday Fuck Off to her!!!!

exile said...

hell hath no fury like a sass-a-frass scorned

man, i though being in a room with 20 children would be hell, but i didn't realize you had the parents comming in too.

i say stand your ground, and carry a gun
either way you'll get your point across

Anonymous said...

Uh OH.......I can't stand parent who do this to me either! I hear your pain sista! Dont let her get to you, you are a great teacher!

oh yeah and "HELL-Y sad" LOL...you know you are smiling!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

I don't envy your job at all... too many parent's think that the job of educating their kids lie solely to the teachers and schools. So very sad. I don't know how you keep your cool and not tell her right out loud to kiss your ass!

Sassy said...

funky bee - she's just peachy. I know I'll get thru this one. Last years pain in the ass was FAR worse..besides I'm the queen of being a royal bitch in the nicest possible way. She'll get the point soon enough.

mackey - You are a wonderful SAHM! I said to her once that maybe she should volunteer her time since she has so many ideas..but she said she couldn't handle all those kids (dumb ass...doesn't get how stupid she is).

exile - I'm the last person anyone wants to piss off..I have a nasty streak..hehe. Hmmm can you bring a gun with you when you come?

Hella - As are you - Happy International Teacher Appreciation Day (Thur) by the way. You rock!

Hippychic - I'd love to. Really I would!

exile said...

sassy- look, not all americans are gun toteing redneck morons with guns


most of us are mexican too

Sassy said...

Exile - LMAO!! I stand corrected!

Crucible said...

Teachers can be taken for granted. Great to see your dedication. Don't let her get to you. Its my belief that some SAH mom's have way too much time on their hands and fill the gaps with unpleasantness towards others.