Monday, October 02, 2006

Oral exam and perhaps a 'drilling' please

I realized something the last time I went to the dentist.

My dentist is in the ghetto.

I stopped to look around. There are 2 strip clubs across the street. The dirtiest and nastiest of any in the city. The kind with an hourly rate motel attached and crack whores hanging about. Speaking of crack whores, the "Ho-Jo" is on the corner. Not to long ago, one of said crack whores got high and jumped off the roof to her death. Perhaps that's why there are so many 'ladies of the night' hanging around? Remembering their lost friend? Or stealing her business? Either way, not a corner you want to be around, unless you are looking for an 8 ball or herpes.

The dentist itself has been there for years, thru the demise of this strip of town. It's unfortunate that they don't up and move. Maybe they like the strange smells that come from that Chinese restaurant across the plaza from them. You know, the one that has been shut down twice for serving cat and dog? Maybe I'll stop and grab some lunch there after my appointment one day.

The best is that my dentist is right next door to a "massage parlour and day spa." Funny, this spa is open until 4am! What person really needs a pedicure at 3am? The kicker is that there is a double door and the sign on the second door says "Entry is restricted to anyone 18 and older!" I never knew that getting your hair and nails done were illegal to those under 18. Hmmm, I think something is fishy here (in more ways then one folks). I've only ever seen men come out of this parlour. Interesting. Using my excellent deducing skills I've come to the following conclusion: It's a Rub-n-Tug.

Yup my dentist is across the street from 2 seedy strip clubs, the Ho-Jo crack hangout, a shady chinese restaurant and next door to a Rub-n-Tug.

I think next time, I'm going to go into the "spa" and inquire about their services. Perhaps a little undercover detective work?

15 comments:

Calvin said...

yeesh.. that's a ghetto!

Anonymous said...

Way down in the ghetto!! Ah yes I miss the days of living around that area.......we had some interesting events happen eh!
Do you remember the time we went shopping for "Underwear" and we had a guy approach with his opinion.
Yep thats ghetto....but damn we have some good stories!!!

Randi said...

Your teeth must look AMAZING to justify returning to that 'hood. Yikes.

Evydense said...

So, what does the BAD part of town look like?!!

Sheri said...

I used to work near a massage parlor. WE would go in and inquire about rates all the time and the women would always look at us funny and be very vague. They were raided not long after. CRAZY!

exile said...

rub & tug?

hmmmmm... sounds more like a soak & poke to me

so do you know have a pimp ass grill?

Sassy said...

hella - how could I forget? you would look much better in a red one of those honey..lol

randi - either that or I have a death wish.

evydense - just the same..only less hookers.

sheri - lol. go figure. I think I will go in just to see next time!

exile - oh my grill is pimped out yo! (rolls eyes)

Anonymous said...

Oh please dont get her started on grillz...LMAO!!

Dead man walking said...

I want the rub and tug IN the dentist's office. Nothing makes you forget the pain of a root canal like a nice...foot...massage. Yeah, that's it. A FOOT massage...ahem..

Shora said...

I think Shane is on to something here! Think of the fortune a "pedicurist" could make...

exile said...

sassy- grill so fly, looks' like you chew'n tin-foil

Sassy said...

Exile - I got my mouth lookin somethin like a disco ball
I got da diamonds and da ice all hand set
I might cause a cold front if I take a deep breath
My teeth gleaming like I'm chewin on aluminum foil
Smilein showin off my diamonds sippin on some Pinot Noir
I put my money where my mouth is and bought a grill
20 carrots 30 stacks let 'em know im so fo real

yup hella, he got me going now...

The Funky Bee said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I think it's time to find a new dentist unless you just like the entertainment on the way in each time...?

Anonymous said...

Exile, if I go and see her and she has gotten herself a grill ....you are in BIG trouble mister!!!

exile said...

sassy- bitch please,

i got spinners
on my in-size-ers


hella- you can't blame me for her gansta ways

"you can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl."