Friday, January 05, 2007

Garbage picker delight!

I better have raked in some "super-bonus-daughter-in-law-of the year" brownie points for this one:

Last night I shut myself in my room around 7:30. Mr. Sass and his dad were fighting.
Again.
This time it was bad. They are so alike it's scary. Yelling at each other. Neither is listening to the other. Over 20 minutes of this. I've said it before, I hate fighting. I didn't grow up in a house where there was ever fighting and yelling like that! Honestly, it scares me. So, I shut myself in my room and tried to block it out. I will not get involved. Besides, my feeble attempts were ignored.
Around 9:00 I came out to make some tea. I found both sitting at opposite ends of the room not talking (fine by me. Peace and quiet). Being the nice gal I am, I made tea for the three of us, but let it be known I wasn't talking to either one of them. I was too upset. I took my tea upstairs. I don't know when I finally fell asleep, but it was late. Who knows when grumpy bear numero uno came to bed.

The alarm goes off at 7:00 for said bear to go to work.
7:20 and there is loud talking (not arguing) about keys. It seems they can't find the truck keys anywhere! I let it go for a few minutes thinking they will find them. The bed is so warm and I've stretched myself out in the middle.
Nope. Now, the MIL is up and helping. I sigh and get up. I can't be mean. I should help. I slink my way downstairs in my jammies and mop of hair all about, half hoping they would take one look at me and send me to bed.
No such luck.
Long story short, we look EVERYWHERE. I'm outside with the flashlight looking under the seats (the truck was found to be open and he remembered taking some work mail out to the truck) and around the truck. Luckily there was a spare set (sans shop keys, mailbox etc), so the boys left. There is no chance of going back to bed. Once I'm up. I'm up.
We continue to look around the house just in case.
30 minutes later we get a call with the idea that he threw some mail out last night. Maybe just maybe his keys got mixed in the pile.
The garbage had been taken out. It's garbage day.
Are you suggesting?!
I'm back outside in my jammies and messy hair, but this time is light out and I've already put the garbage at the curb. I start rummaging through the bags, looking for last night's kitchen bag. Might I add that the birds cages (x2) were cleaned out and I'm rooting through that? I thought I heard a jingle. If I was that kind of person, I would have just said "eff it. A lesson learned. I'm up to my elbows in garbage and bird shit." Apparently I'm not that kind of person. I continued on, but decided to move it to the garage. I'm sure if one of my neighbours looked out they would have thought I was some homely bum looking for left overs.

I found the keys.
In the garbage bag with bird shit.
I picked them out and handed them over to my MIL.

I hope everyone is happy.
After the last 14 hours (or so) I've had enough.
I'm going shopping.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh.. there'd better be something in it for you!

Anonymous said...

What a funny story. Yeah there is something to be said about shopping therapy.

Mackey said...

For some reason I bet you would still look adorable with bird shit up to your elbows.
Me thinks hubby & FIL should take you out to dinner for all that trouble.

Robin Alexa said...

Eeesh...yeah you are the best. Never stop telling them that.

Anonymous said...

Blech, you're a better gal than I. **shiver** And you don't even like those birds!!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Sucks babe. I'm very impressed with you though!

Anonymous said...

Sassy, they owe you big time...and I mean BIG time babe!
Oh and now you can hold it over them for a while that you had to sift through bird shit.......try to get a manicure outta it!!!

Sassy said...

s! you mean the early morning and being covered in garbage and shit isn't my gift?

jillie - just to get out of the house can be therapy enough sometimes...but shopping makes it fun! Thanks for stopping by!

Mackey - what about bird shit up to my elbows, an afro of curls, and blue polar bear jammies? Still cute?

Binsk - I'm starting to whisper it in their ears whilst they sleep.

Cori - True (about the birds), but I guess I try to be nice so Karma doesn't bite me in the ass later.

Redneck Nerdboy - As long as your impressed. Whatever turns you on babe...hehe

Hella - good idea! It's funny that you can probably picture the whole scenario and how they were running about...jeesh.

Anonymous said...

Sassy, I have no problems what so ever imagining the scenaro and the look on your un-impressed face!
(((hugs)))
Be strong and it will all be over soon!
P.S. You know my door is always open to you.......I am so getting you keys cut!

Anonymous said...

You get the DIL of the year award! And hopefully you'll be remembered in their wills.