Sunday, January 28, 2007

I've got a candle...and I've got a spoon...

I'm sitting here trying to be inspired.
Sluggish start perhaps?

This weekend hasn't really been too eventful. I stayed in most of yesterday, except to take the dog to the park and throw the ball for him. I worry about his paws when it's this cold, so the break in the absolutely freezing weather was our opportunity to go for a run. Cooper isn't a dog who is very vocal at all. He rarely barks (only when I'm home alone and he's on 'patrol'). Once when he was a puppy he howled in his sleep. It was too cute for words. Yesterday, Mr. Sass and I discovered how to get him to howl. Sadly it involves us howling, but he will do it. Now we are putting it to a command. I really should learn to post a video of his tricks. He's got one up on all those run of the mill 'sit, stay, roll over' tricks. One day.

Last night, I met up with Binsk to break in the new bar in town. Being new it was jam packed so we went back to another bar first to 'pre-pint' it. Nothing much happening there. We were early for the live band, and left just after some coolio stunk everyone out by shitting his pants somewhere. Erlack! Good times.
(*BTW - Thanks again for the gift!! I LOVE IT).

I caught her up on what's been going on with the living conditions and what exactly was meant by my Haiku. The short end of this saga is that the move in date was Jan 18th, but as we all know, that has come and gone, and there are still birds squatting in my house. Add 6-8 weeks and some fingers crossed, and hopefully by the end of March the house will be ready (a perfect birthday gift for me!). The SIL found out her bf is an honest to goodness crack-cocaine addict. She knew the other roommate was, but apparently this came as a shock. She really should have clued in simply by looking at all the spoons in her place. Can one person really do all that? How about those burns on his thumbs and lips? Whatevs. She's living with the oldest brother here in town. Like I said, I give it a week. I'm being generous. You might as well put a Canadian fisherman and a baby seal in the same room. It'll be less bloody.

That's all I'm really going to say.
Hope your weekends were giddy good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH I hate this new Blogger!!!!

I had a couple of comments on who I thought would win this battle....blogger ate them.

Keep me posted

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be cool to see the baby seal somehow kick the fishermans ass.

Ya...

Very cool. ;)

Steve~

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!

You rock Sass. But BLOGGER SUCKS ASS NOW.

I was forced to change over too.

:(

Anonymous said...

My nomination for line of the day? "You might as well put a Canadian fisherman and a baby seal in the same room. It'll be less bloody."

The Funky Bee said...

wow, sorry to hear about SIL, would love to see your dog's tricks. he is the cutest!

Robin Alexa said...

You are very welcome! I'm glad you like it.

Thank you for all of your generosity and thoughtfulness.

Oh the happiness, it's sweet and sickening all at once. :)

Sassy said...

That's weird...all the anonymous' had your original pics and comments before.
This is creepy bullshit!