Long weekend is here,
drinking weekend: "May 2-4"
First of the season.
Used to go camping,
This year, staying close to home.
No camping or beer.
Cleaning/gardening,
Sure know how to live it up!
I know you're jealous.
drinking weekend: "May 2-4"
First of the season.
Used to go camping,
This year, staying close to home.
No camping or beer.
Cleaning/gardening,
Sure know how to live it up!
I know you're jealous.
** A little cultural tip: in Canada, a "2-4" is a case of 24 beer. We love our beer. Since this holiday falls on the last Monday, on or before May 24th, and it marks the beginning of the 'summer' holiday season (read: drinking more beer than in the winter season), it gets affectionately called the '2-4' since that's how we will honour Queen Victoria: by drinking ourselves stupid.

4 comments:
Have a great 2-4! Bummer about the beer, though. Hope they don't kick you out of the country or anything like that!
damn and I didnt even know I was paying my respects to the queen!!!!
Now I have an excuse!
"no baby, I wasn't out playing with strippers, I was honoring the Queen!!!!"
js
I wish they had a beer holiday in the States! Then again... isn't that just called Friday?
Can we US citizens still drink ourselves stupid in her honor?
Post a Comment